• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think of this navy blazer?

charliebrown2

Reaction score

I actually ordered exact same TH from overstock last week (was on sale just shy of $120). I'm aware it's nothing top of the line and actually like it for what it is. I've had difficulty finding deals under my budget range and availability (size 36S) from STP, Ebay, B&S, etc. I'd gladly take a look if anyone on SF has better recommendations.

But like I said, I like it for what it is. I'm trying not to get too technical with it as I will only end up disappointing myself.

Last edited:

charliebrown2

Reaction score
Trying to find a navy blazer on a budget of $100 to $200 so I really want to get a good value for my money as I am trying to build the basics of my wardrobe.

Assuming you're not in a rush to buy and your size is often available, you're probably better off through Ebay/B&S for slightly used (if you don't mind used)

Last edited:

Withaque

Reaction score
Go to a brick and mortar store. Do not buy online, until you have more experience getting well fitting clothes. You will likely be disappointed otherwise.

Additionally, whatever you get will need to be altered. A trip to the tailor will cost probably $20 - $50 for basic alterations. The store may do it for free, if you buy from them.

Brooks brother is having a sale right now. They have at least three basic cuts for there jackets. This is a good place to start. I know it will cost more than your budget, but they have several jackets under $$275 online. I think they are priced lower in the store. You may be eligible for an additional first time buyer/teacher discount.

I would avoid the gold button blazer for now and go with something like the ones below.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...olor=NAVY&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...olor=NAVY&sort_by=&sectioncolor=&sectionsize=

there cotton is not as classic or versatile as the wool, but it may be good enough for the classroom.

I don't mean to push you to BB, but it will be easier for you to get a coherent look if you stick with one vendor or designer for your initial purchases. If not BB, then J. Crew, RL are good staring points, if they fit your style.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads