• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you have in your kitchen?

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Probably should mention the herb garden outside -- I can open the window in summer and grab thyme, sage and parsley so it's almost in the kitchen.

I'm in an apartment so i don't have that luxury. I've considered getting one of those indoor temperature & humidity controlled greenhouses. They look like big aquariums for plants. It would be so nice to have basil and a selection of other fresh herbs whenever I wanted them.

tiger02

Militarist
Reaction score
Germany's version of All-Clad is from the town where I lived, so I picked up a few Fissler profi-line pots at 25 euros a pop--super heavy and unwieldy, but I'm macho enough to dig that. Wusthof classic 8" chef's knife that needs a good professional sharpening, deLonghi toaster oven, some too-fancy blender that went the way of the dodo when I moved. I tend to like my kitchen simple. It's the ingredients that matter, not the toys.

Oh, but I freaking hate electric stoves and ovens. Hate hate hate. Never again, if I have the choice.

Tom

Full Canvas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We likely have multiples of every sauce pot, stockpot, skillet (round and square), frying pan, sauce pan, Dutch oven, pressure cooker, steamer, double-boiler, poacher, insert, and kettle plus spare lids, knobs, and handles of the early 1950s to 1964 Revere Ware copper clad stainless steel made by the factories in Clinton, Riverside, and Rome. The later Revere Ware is just not up to snuff. The earlier Revere Ware requires too much maintenance. Some small restaurants don't have as many pieces as there are residing in our kitchen. Why we ever bought a 16-quart stockpot is a question I cannot answer. It's as big as some apartment-sized washing machines!
smile.gif

RevereWare.jpg

The yuppies and foodies that visit our kitchen laugh. The real cooks nod in appreciative delight. Not being in the mood to go into the kitchen and try to make a photo (Mrs. FC already thinks I am crazy enough), I simply "borrowed" a typical image from the Internet. Anyway, the above image is what the old Revere Ware looks like.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
Is that the 8"? Looks narrower than mine.
A nine inch, a peculiar length.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My only appliance, aside from fridge and oven, is a cappuccino machine that I haven't yet learned how to use.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
Ain't nothing peculiar about 9 inches.
rimshot.gif

Sorry. I had to.

Fine, go ahead and make fun of us with the plebeian 8" ones!

tongue.gif

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be making fun of myself then, skalogre.
wink.gif

rimshot.gif

laugh.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i recently got some copper pots don't have a firm opinion on them yet, but overall positive. have a pig shaped mortar and pestle from mexico and a little clay one, want to get a flat one as well. can't remember the name of my knives, but a set of german knives - chef, veg, bread, steel. le crueset pot and dutch over type of thing. big earthenware pot from columbia. huge stockpot, cheap one, can't remember the make. two big cast iron woks.

juicer, mixer, blender, micro/toaster

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ain't nothing peculiar about 9 inches.
rimshot.gif

Sorry. I had to.

There is for a ********.
rimshot.gif

Sorry. I had to.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Washing dishes is one of my most hated chores, so since moving to Finland in August, I've exclusively used disposable plates and cutlery.

This is much to the disdain of my environmentalist roommate, but quite frankly, I don't give a damn.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Having spent a lot of time in professional kitchens, I can only add this information about knives. All knives cut the same. The important factors when choosing a knife are the feel in your hand and the ability to cut quickly. Nobody who has not cooked professionally realizes how fast a person can and must go. There are many, many good home cooks, but they are all painfully slow. I am not nearly as fast as I once was, but I am still OK seed wise.

In my kitchen:

Bourgeat copper unshined for at least 10 years but very well used
Global knives
Wolf range
All sorts of useless and semi-useful spoons, ladels, etc.
2 blenders and a cuisinart that I have had since my first apartment (2nd year of college)
Random nonstick skillets

For dishes and glasses:
Danish china from the 50s
Rosenthal Moon plates etc
Lobmyer crystal
Castiglioni silver

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads