• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did you eat last night for dinner?

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was hustled through by a tribune guy, didn't know he'd be taking me there after lunch. There are some interesting spaces in there - the globe lobby was memorable. I've been spending a lot of time downtown the past few weeks, I'll drop a line sometime, still want to try Sticky Rice.

you are forgiven, but go forth and sin no more.
there is an absolutely ridiculous amount of good food at this end of downtown now. so much so that i haven't even been back to back in a couple months. at the GCM: sticky rice, horse thief, the new pizza place, of course tacos a tomas, a really good cheese store, and belcampo. maccheroni republic right across the street. saw neal frasier the other night and he says he'll be ready to open grace at Vibiana this summer (think he said the same thing last spring, though).

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pigeon with peas, foie gras and almonds

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
I ate at Chengdu. Thought I had experienced sichuan cuisine before but apparently not. When my face started to go numb and the peppercorns hit my stomach I almost had a panic attack.

Would eat again.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

I ate at Chengdu. Thought I had experienced sichuan cuisine before but apparently not. When my face started to go numb and the peppercorns hit my stomach I almost had a panic attack.

Would eat again.

Alhambra? (Apparently there's also a Chengdu on Sawtelle. Which makes perfect sense, what with Sichuan being one of the most famous provinces in Japan.)

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

Alhambra? (Apparently there's also a Chengdu on Sawtelle. Which makes perfect sense, what with Sichuan being one of the most famous provinces in Japan.)

Yeah, the Alhambra one. Hour and a half wait, but it smelled so amazing when I went in that I suspended my normal rule about waiting a long time for food.

erictheobscure

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Would eat again.

This is what I need in life. I love Szechuan (Sichuan? whatever) food but I NEVER. GET. ENOUGH. MA-LA. SENSATION.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever waited 1.5 hours for a a restaurant in my life.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Would eat again.
I had a longstanding dispute with a Sichuan friend, who contended that Cantonese food was not flavorful enough and too sweet. I told him that he was clearly on crack. He said that had never had "real" Sichuan food. And he was right. I think that after that meat at Chengdu, it took my tastebuds about a week to detangle themselves.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score

I had a longstanding dispute with a Sichuan friend, who contended that Cantonese food was not flavorful enough and too sweet.  I told him that he was clearly on crack.  He said that had never had "real" Sichuan food.  And he was right.  I think that after that meat at Chengdu, it took my tastebuds about a week to detangle themselves.

I can at least say that it isn't often that I have an entirely new dining experience.

also, Cioppino at Maccheroni Republic last night. It was great.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valleymom