• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What company makes good quality khaki suits?

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Go to a shop and see what is on offer. What someone found in one even last week may not reflect today's offer.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GAP had one last year?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The answer to (just about) every newbie question:

Brooks Brothers.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The answer to (just about) every newbie question:

Brooks Brothers.

Answer: The same company that makes the good quality other-colored suits.

This way you don't get the I'm-not-40-LOL reply.

Last edited:

Pharaoh34

Reaction score
@curzon At least you understand. That's like someone saying JOS Bank has good suits. Anytime a store constantly has a "buy one, get another suit free" sale, that's a clear sign to stay away.

Last edited:

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Patek Brooks Brothers would be ideal if I were a 40+ year old. lol

Please familaliarize yourself with their various lines such as their Fitzgerald and their fully canvased GF lines. Once you understand the basics of men's clothing and who makes the various lines that BB has to offer and their shoes please feel free to come back and discuss.

By the way, if you ever see a 40-year-old wearing BB Black Fleece, please slap him up side the head.

Pharaoh34

Reaction score
@Patek So let me understand you correctly. We're on a forum where people can learn about these matters, and ask questions to get a better knowledge and understanding, but yet you want to ridicule someone when they ask questions. The new people would ask questions.

From reading your comments so far, it seems to me that you wear skirts, leggings and thongs as opposed to suits. In other words you're acting like a....well, I'm sure you know what I'm saying.

marblehouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want answers to basic questions without reading the forum. As a bonus, I'll condescend to more knowledgeable members trying to help me.

Use the search.

ktrp

Reaction score
BB fitzgerald is a pretty young cut, especially if you slim it in a bit. Last I checked they had clearance fitzgerald cotton suits for $200. Been considering getting one.

ktrp

Reaction score
I'll also mention since you asked for 'quality' that 200 bucks for a half canvassed suit seems pretty good.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Patek So let me understand you correctly. We're on a forum where people can learn about these matters, and ask questions to get a better knowledge and understanding, but yet you want to ridicule someone when they ask questions. The new people would ask questions.

From reading your comments so far, it seems to me that you wear skirts, leggings and thongs as opposed to suits. In other words you're acting like a....well, I'm sure you know what I'm saying.Β 

Are you a sexist? What is wrong with wearing skirts? In your world is calling someone a girl or a transvestite an insult?

BB makes decent quality for the price (especially on sale)and has some very "youthful" lines. This is basic forum knowledge. You asked a question, I answered it.

@Patek Brooks Brothers would be ideal if I were a 40+ year old. lol

Most people I know (myself included) are way below 40 and buy both casual and work clothes at BB.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads