• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What car would you get with $55k?

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
Giving him more (read: not better) options isn't going to help him decide on what to buy. Certainly the MKS is one of the worst ways to spend $55k (I know it starts a $49k for the "Eco Boost")
At 61.6 inches tall and 204.1-inches long, the front-drive based MKS is really the replacement for the much longer, but lower rear-drive dinosaur Town Car
the production 2009 MKS came to market lacking the MKR’s exaggerated proportions, rear-wheel-drive chassis
And that is coming from a site which is peppered with Lincoln ads. There goes the fun and/or respect from someone who spends that much on a chrome-filled twin-turbo AWD Ford. I also might add that I tend to be biased towards cars that have a good exhaust note and this car has one of the worst. But on the plus side, you DO get a push start button thing, which is always a good reason to buy a car.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chrisjustinparr
Giving him more (read: not better) options isn't going to help him decide on what to buy. Certainly the MKS is one of the worst ways to spend $55k (I know it starts a $49k for the "Eco Boost")

Actually it might help him decide. He obviously has not liked anything that has been mentioned. Also I'm hearing all of this from someone who has never driven one and sticks driving a ************* ricer
plain.gif

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
There goes the fun and/or respect from someone who spends that much on a chrome-filled twin-turbo AWD Ford. I also might add that I tend to be biased towards cars that have a good exhaust note and this car has one of the worst. But on the plus side, you DO get a push start button thing, which is always a good reason to buy a car.

facepalm.gif
you do realize it's a luxury car, right? It's not supposed to sound like a beat up lawnmower like you seem to like.

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
Hmm. If I didn't know better I'd say an M3 doesn't sound like a lawnmower. But maybe they have V8 lawnmowers where you are from. And I also thought that a stock Z roadster wasn't a ricer, but perhaps you drive something better. Also
Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
or even the Z (both are in my driveway right now and are good. Get the cars loaded for under 55 in US)

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Hmm. If I didn't know better I'd say an M3 doesn't sound like a lawnmower. But maybe they have V8 lawnmowers where you are from. And I also thought that a stock Z roadster wasn't a ricer, but perhaps you drive something better.

Also

Hmm if I didn't know better you completely avoided the necessity for a luxury car to sound like a race car mr.350. And again, how are you going to talk about how fun it is to drive or not if you've never touched it?
confused.gif
You're an internet driver dude. STFU.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Stop picking on 187. That's my turf fanboi!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Mr.Pinchy

Reaction score
necessity for a luxury car

Can you have necessity and luxury in the same sentence? Isn't luxury the contrast with necessity? I thought OP wanted a car he could enjoy because it's nice to drive.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Can you have necessity and luxury in the same sentence? Isn't luxury the contrast with necessity? I thought OP wanted a car he could enjoy because it's nice to drive.

wow are you are really bothering with the meaning of words?
facepalm.gif
. Luxury cars are supposed to be quiet. And who said the MKS wasn't nice to drive? Like I said, STFU until you've actually driven one. It's a smooth, nice and comfortable ride. You don't feel any bumps of the road, and last I checked, that's nice to drive. You're a turd and really need to get off *******.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Luxury cars are supposed to be quiet.

Really, what about the M5, M6, S65, CLS63, CL65, etc.? They are luxurious and have thundering exhaust notes.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Really, what about the M5, M6, S65, CLS63, CL65, etc.?

By luxury car, I should have noted I meant luxury sedan. I had thought it was implicit in my statement, but I guess not.

Thus, the M6 is a sportscar; CLS is a coupesedan (which I hate btw); CL is sports car. The M5 is the only argument here and its basically a done up version of a luxury sedan in the 5series.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By luxury car, I should have noted I meant luxury sedan. I had thought it was implicit in my statement, but I guess not.

Thus, the M6 is a sportscar; CLS is a coupesedan (which I hate btw); CL is sports car. The M5 is the only argument here and its basically a done up version of a luxury sedan in the 5series.

The MB S65 and S63 are both sedans. The CL is a coupe but it is not a sportscar.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads