• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you reading?

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Almost through with this:

So well written and every page has been engaging.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finished I Am Radar a couple of days ago. I just started Bill Bryson's The Mother Tongue: English and How It Got That Way. It's pretty interesting. I am continually amazed at Bryson's ability to learn so much about the subjects he covers.

Finished The Mother Tongue a few days ago. I started A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. It's good so far.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm a quarter of the way through this book. Very well written.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A Ride to Khiva.

Great writing, fantastic descriptions, interesting situations but I feel like I keep treading the same ground.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Finished The Mother Tongue a few days ago. I started A Little Life by Hanya Yanagihara. It's good so far.

Finished A Little Life a few days ago. It was a good book although at times it was almost like the author was going out of her way to make sure every horrible thing befell at least one of the characters.

After that downerfest I decided to read something a little more pulpy, so I'm halfway through Ian Tregillis's The Rising, which is a sequel to The Mechanical.

Sunnydale

Reaction score
I recently finished Mary Boyle Bradley's book about her husbands fight with Multiple Sclerosis. I enjoyed the book, and enjoyed learning more about Low Dose Neltrexone with it's ability to help improve MS and other autoimmune conditions.

"Up the Creek with a Paddle: Beat MS and All Autoimmune Disorders with Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN)"

http://www.amazon.com/Creek-Paddle-...456501196&sr=8-8&keywords=low+dose+naltrexone

"In 1986, when I first discovered LDN, if I had Mary Boyle Bradley on my team, this drug would have been approved, marketed and manufactured by a reputable pharmaceutical company. I have no doubt about that." Dr. Bernard Bihari

The story is simple. It is about love, life and hope. After years of battling with the onslaught of her husband's Primary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis, Mary stumbled on a little known doctor in New York City, Dr. Bernard Bihari. Many people on the internet claimed that Dr. Bihari knew how to stop every type of MS from progressing. Even better, it was claimed that he could help everyone with an autoimmune disorder, ranging from psoriasis to AIDS. It was claimed that Dr. Bihari could help them with Low Dose Naltrexone (LDN). Eventually, Mary's husband took a leap of faith and put Dr. Bihari's work to the test. LDN worked. It stopped his MS from progressing. Since September 2002, a worldwide campaign has ignited with passionate momentum to get LDN medically recognized as a treatment for MS and all autoimmune disorders. LDN is a cheap, generic, out of patent drug with no known side-effects. Despite the fact that there is no financial incentive to entice any pharmaceutical company to investigate new uses for Naltrexone, the ambition is for LDN to hit the masses and improve the lives of millions. Small scale LDN clinical trials are finally making progress across the globe and are paving the way for a much better future for everyone who suffers from an autoimmune disorder.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About 500 pages into War and Peace. Idk why it has such a reputation for being difficult; it's actually super readable.

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

About 500 pages into War and Peace. Idk why it has such a reputation for being difficult; it's actually super readable.

I think it's just about the length as opposed to the readability in the sense you mean.

It's still one of my favorite books of all time. I remember finishing it and thinking "I wouldn't have minded another 500 pages of this at all." I first read it when I was 18 and even then I thought it was awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads