• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
We don't get enough over here, and probably marked up more than makes them a QPR, but Central Otago is coming on strong.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We don't get enough over here, and probably marked up more than makes them a QPR, but Central Otago is coming on strong.

We are spoilt for choice with NZ Pinots. The Marlborough region also produces quality Pinot Noir which is distinctly different in character from Central Otago.

ocooney

Reaction score
Ted Lemon has an Otago project, Burn Cottage Vineyard, that is pretty available and around $40 if I recall correctly. Nice stuff.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sam Neil’s Two Paddocks is another Central Otago which is an excellent wine.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Master blender adds water for proper tasting. I recently had the Cigar bottling.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Water is critical. Amazing the difference it makes. And it cant be too pure either. I tend to use the filtered from the tap but not the reverse osmosis.

Over-proof stuff it's even more critical. Need to get that ABV down to release the flavour and aromas.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dalmore is good but became horrendously overpriced about a decade ago.

I picked up a bottle of the 18 year while passing through Heathrow. It was less than half the price back here, cheaper than the 15 year. Not sure I'd buy it at US prices.

Macallan is also insanely overpriced these days.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a bottle of the 18 year while passing through Heathrow. It was less than half the price back here, cheaper than the 15 year. Not sure I'd buy it at US prices.

Macallan is also insanely overpriced these days.

I have made it a point to now go down the rabbit hole of scotch. Bourbon, rye keeps me busy enough.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have made it a point to now go down the rabbit hole of scotch. Bourbon, rye keeps me busy enough.

I started my spirit journey on American stuff, but the market has gone insane in the last decade (now I feel old).

For a couple years there, the scotch market wasn't hit as hard as bourbon and rye. You could really find some bargains, especially in the <$60 range. Now it's in a similar position to the American whiskey, rapidly escalating prices for often lesser quality juice.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ECF6FCB6-AF95-40E8-965F-8888AE2FBC1B.jpeg

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to a Malaysian restaurant last night and had a bunch of Tiger beer from Singapore. Usually find south east asian beers to be bland but this was pretty good

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
In half an hour I'm headed over to my neighbor's to try his latest bottle, Glenfiddich 19. Looking forward to trying the latest addition to my inheritance.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads