• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

sftiger

Reaction score
Did a tasting at St. George Spirits in Alameda yesterday. Ended up buying a bottle of their amaro and absinthe, both of which I liked a lot.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of Mrs GF colleagues gave her a bottle of St Germain Elderflower liqueur for her birthday.

Considering the amount of gin in the house can some one recommend a couple of simple cocktails using gin and the St Germain?

saint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One of Mrs GF colleagues gave her a bottle of St Germain Elderflower liqueur for her birthday.

Considering the amount of gin in the house can some one recommend a couple of simple cocktails using gin and the St Germain?

The Sunflower is simply a Corpse Reviver #2 with St Germain substituted for the Kina, its a really tasty drink and dead easy to make.

This one is also nice:

Cucumber Cocktail

3/4 oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1 1/2 oz. Hendrick’s Gin
3/4 oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
1/4 oz. simple syrup
Tonic water
Cucumber slices
Fresh mint leaves
In a cocktail shaker, combine St. Germain, gin, lime juice, simple syrup, cucumber slices, and several mint leaves. Using a muddling tool or wooden spoon, crush ingredients together. Add ice, cover, and shake vigorously. Pour into a Mason jar and top with tonic water.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Sunflower is simply a Corpse Reviver #2 with St Germain substituted for the Kina, its a really tasty drink and dead easy to make.

This one is also nice:

Cucumber Cocktail

3/4 oz. St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1 1/2 oz. Hendrick’s Gin
3/4 oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice
1/4 oz. simple syrup
Tonic water
Cucumber slices
Fresh mint leaves
In a cocktail shaker, combine St. Germain, gin, lime juice, simple syrup, cucumber slices, and several mint leaves. Using a muddling tool or wooden spoon, crush ingredients together. Add ice, cover, and shake vigorously. Pour into a Mason jar and top with tonic water.

Thanks sounds good but not sure about the Mason jar.

Principle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder what's in cucumbers that infuses so easily into cocktails.

Gotta read me some David Arnold.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
33C in the backyard shade perfect time for a Corpse Reviver #2.

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cucumber Coctail sounds delicious. Boulevardier with Monticristo 5 pour moi.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just poured myself the last dram of my bottle of Ardbeg Airigh Nam Beist. The first serious bottle of liquor I've bought myself, about 7 years ago, for serious money. Back then, I didn't love it. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't a big fan either--it was also the first Scotch I've bought, and I was 16 or so at the time. I don't know why I've sprung for a somewhat high end bottle back then... I guess it kind of felt right--also, obviously, there was some sort of discount code in play ;). Now, I'm loving it. Sure, it's likely deteriorated a lot over the past few years, but still, it's still very great stuff. Anyway, time to close that chapter. I might keep the bottle for a while though. :)

I think the bottle was 60 € retail back then, and I've paid like 45-50 € for it. Should've found investors and bought a truckload.

Last edited:

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good story. Old trick to deploy for sentimental bottles of brown liquor: fill with Listerine, or European equivalent of gold mouthwash and place in your medicine cabinet for occasional use. Surprises guests and has bonus effect of making you seem more dangerous than you actually are!

Last edited:

sean anon

Reaction score
I am drinking a lot of bourbon and American Rye these days. Noah's Mill tonight. Also High West is a favorite.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads