• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
20230721_205852.jpg
20230721_205933.jpg
20230721_210121.jpg
20230721_210210.jpg
20230721_211812.jpg
20230721_213541.jpg

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Amari are quick becoming one of my favorites.

This is a nice way to feel less full after eating half a loaf of bread while finishing the weekend papers.

20230723_201356.jpg
20230723_181422.jpg

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another one bites the dust. Uhl’s Brewing has been producing a solid set of beers. There are just too many microbreweries around here, I think.

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
Just got into Negronis lately after a trip to Italy. What are people's recommendations for some good quality ingredients that complement one another.
I understand Antica Formula is the ne plus ultra of sweet vermouths but not sure where to go from there.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just got into Negronis lately after a trip to Italy. What are people's recommendations for some good quality ingredients that complement one another.
I understand Antica Formula is the ne plus ultra of sweet vermouths but not sure where to go from there.

You have no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes. A few posters, including @Piobaire will be around shortly asking you if you want to take the blue pill or the red.

Colonel Mustard

Reaction score
You have no idea how deep this rabbit hole goes. A few posters, including @Piobaire will be around shortly asking you if you want to take the blue pill or the red.
Oh I have no doubt. This forum is a bastion of excellent advice - my bank manager can attest to that.

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I much prefer Cocchi over Antica - Antica is too overpowering for me.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got into Negronis lately after a trip to Italy.
I make them constantly, and I use Antica Carpano, Campari, and whatever good gin I have on hand. I don't mess with success...
BTW, here's a pic of my first one in Italy.
The bartender at my hotel was sick the day we checked in, they had a Filipino maintenance guy working the lobby bar. I asked for a Negroni, and he said "what is that, sir?" I said it's the most ground zero of Italian cocktails. He asked me to show him, so I hopped behind the bar and instructed him.
It ended up in a tall glass for some reason...
IMG_5202.jpeg

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start with a good London Dry gin like Beefeater, which will be able to stand up to the other ingredients. Save the Hendrick's and less juniper-heavy gins for G&Ts. For the sweet vermouth, I like Cocchi Torino. Antica is very nice in a rye Manhattan, but too strong for a Negroni in my opinion. As for the red aperitif, Campari is the classic. I prefer, and use, Select from Venice, which is halfway between Campari and Aperol. Serve it on the rocks (not up) with a large ice cube in an old-fashioned glass. Add an orange peel for a garnish if you have one.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads