• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are you drinking right now?

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Lillet, it seems to be the new Aperol (Spritz), which was the new Hugo, around here.

Last edited:

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I know. Their crappy white "Superior" is just 37.5% too. Still, I far prefer the Oakheart over Captain Morgan.

I have to admit that I've never had it before and only read the review from therumhowlerblog.com. Today, I bought a bottle for 9 €. God, it's awful. Smells like alcohol. Tastes like alcohol. Havana 3 is about the same in price. Why would anyone prefer the Bacardi over the Havana? (and if anybody does, he's an idiot)

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bacardi is why so many Americans think rum is a death-spirit.

I encourage this belief, as it keeps rums prices reasonable. I can't afford for rum to become trendy like bourbon.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^^^^^

Yup. I stayed away from rum for years because of Bacardi. Horrible swill it is.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Caipirhinia. Though, I do not find cahaca all that pleasant; tastes like corn silk smells to me, so just El Dorado 3. It is a fantastic white rum.

~ H

I'm not much of a white rum drinker. Was sipping on some El Dorado 25 over the weekend but to tell you the truth their 15 year old is a better regular drink. If I'm interested in a good drink though I'd prefer Cockspur VSOR or Mount Gay Extra Old.

I encourage this belief, as it keeps rums prices reasonable. I can't afford for rum to become trendy like bourbon.

laugh2-smiley_zpsa7ead38c.gif

cocostella

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I prefer the ED15 myself and extra old is one of the best readily available rums I've found in my sector. Good stuff.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The American palate as a whole prefers this style of rum. There was a big transition from old school runs to the lighter Bacardi style many decades ago.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a cocaine inspired cocktail making session (not actually doing coke, I'm just naturally jazzed).

Drink 1:
2 oz bully boy aged rum
1 oz lime
1 oz dry curaçao
1 dash falernum bitters
.33 oz falernum syrup

Drink 2:
2 oz Thomas Tew RI rum
1 smoked sugar cube ( sugar and cubes smoked in a oven.)
.5 bar spoon muddling sugar (white and brown sugar and a touch of salt.)
Absinthe rinse glass.

A rum/tiki version of the margarita and sazerac.

Last edited:

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
2 Cuba Libres, with Mexican Coke. It's indeed good, but I'm not sure it's worth spending $1.50 a bottle regularly.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I've got a decent jump off point with orgeat and beefeater 24, but I can't think of a modifier.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics