• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What are these grimy things in my shirt drawer?

Truism

Reaction score
I opened up a drawer I keep some shirts I don't wear that often and found this junk on a pile of them. The shirts were kept in two stacks, side by side, and somehow these were only on one of them. I can't tell what these pellets are- droppings? bugs? dirt? It'd be weird for pests to be in only this drawer as I found no other evidence. This dresser is near a window with a bug screen if something blew in? Besides identifying them I could also use suggestions on cleaning and/or if it's worth it. Thanks!
IMG_1163.jpg
IMG_1162.jpg
IMG_1161.jpg

msimon

Reaction score
suggestions on cleaning, or would you say it’s probably best to say good bud to these shirts?
Just clean them with your preferred method as usual really. I be more worried if the draw is being used as a route for the mouse or mice as they have set paths they stick to, I believe but dont quote me they scent there routes.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i tried looking up info on caterpillars about clothes, didn’t see anything, what makes you think it’s that?

clothes moths have a caterpillar stage .

if folks are saying a mouse they're prob right , i've no experience with em

msimon

Reaction score
clothes moths have a caterpillar stage .

if folks are saying a mouse they're prob right , i've no experience with em
Must be a bloody big larvae. There more like tiny white or black dots, almost to small to see with evidence of holes. These are oval and the right size for mice droppings.

rjc149

Reaction score
Wash the shirts in hot water and detergent— they’re salvageable. Find out how the mice are getting into your dresser and seal the access points if they are obvious. You may need to relocate the dresser. With bleach, thoroughly clean the dresser and all compartments.

Set mouse traps along baseboards near the dresser — mice avoid running out onto open floor and will hug the walls whenever possible, so I’m guessing they’re squeezing themselves between the baseboard and dresser and finding some way inside to **** and piss on your OCBDs. The last thing you want is for them to use your shirts as a nest to have litters. I would actually move the dresser a few inches from the wall to prevent it from creating a nook for them, until you’ve gotten rid of them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads