• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Weightlifting & bodybuilding

Rubber

Reaction score
I thought this forum needs a thread about weightlifting and bodybuilding, since we don't have a larger one for people to share advice and talk about random trivia, I thought I'd start one. This is where all your weightlifting & bodybuilding & dieting questions should go, I'm sure we've got some experienced guys and gals here on this forum who will be glad to share what they've learned. Years lifting: Almost six Goal:My current goal is to cut down for a contest and after that bulk up to 80kg, while maintaining a humanly bodyfat. Strength goals: 2x bodyweight bench press, one armed chin ( Got it
smile.gif
), 3x bodyweight deadlift, 2x bodyweight raw clean, 1x bodyweight barbell curl. Age: 18 Diet plan: Cyclical ketodiet I'm interested in seeing if we've got other people lifting in this forum besides Drizzt and I. I'd love to see some transformations, I used to be a chubby and got very interested in lifting and exercising, I've transformed my physique in the past six years by A LOT. Here's my transformation and I hope it gets other people interested in posting theirs. The latest picture is from when I was sixteen, now I'm 18 and still growing
wink.gif
If I remember right I was about 13 in this picture and quite unhappy.
beforepngxl5.png
Fast forward to my sixteenth birthday
pose1pngbz6.png
It took a lot of work, but I did it and I'm quite happy with the result, I wouldn't change it for anything. EDIT: Links work now
smile.gif

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
no linking?

I'm pretty serious about lifting, I would flip out if I missed one of my lifting days..

Philosoph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a little bit difficult to just list off random bits of advice unless there's a specific question.

So.... food and compound lifts?

I think that if 80 kg is a "bulk" for you then you had better be 5'8'' or less.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am also a lifter -- have been for years. At this point not a body builder. Used to, but in my later years, I have taken up distance running and while I am willing to run with some bulk, my knees require me to reduce the overall weight. Hence, I no longer bulk.

That said, I do far more strength training than the typical runner. My random advise to all lifters is:

a. Do not over train, it is easy to become a gym rat, but is neither necessary nor optimal;
b. Favor free weights;
c. Favor compound exercises;
d. Much of the work of body building occurs at the dining table and not in the gym;
e. Virtually all articles in magazines and web-sites describing routines of professionals must be taken with several grains of salt unless you are juicing; and
f. Progress is slow. Do not get frustrated if the gains are not overnight. However, also remember that, in addition to juicers, newbies and persons returning to lifting show dramatic gains with virtually any program at first. The trick is to continue progress AFTER two years of building a solid base.

Good luck to all, particular the younger lifters. A great activity and one that can be done for life.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads