• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

poorsod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very late - i apologize - as asked from TTO - a posting of a fit on Friday - not the challenge Friday of course.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry man but this is just awful.

I'm also sorry but I have to agree. There are some things you can give constructive advice about and then there's this. And to be honest, I am not sure that it isn't just trolling: new member, first post straight in a rather obscure thread...

ZachBhai

Reaction score
I'm also sorry but I have to agree. There are some things you can give constructive advice about and then there's this. And to be honest, I am not sure that it isn't just trolling: new member, first post straight in a rather obscure thread...
Sorry to offend all the eyes! I was having fun, I wasn't trying to get people fired up or thinking I was trolling, oops, n00b problems I guess, I figured posting a silly fit in the peacock edition would offend less. I have read through this entire thread, and yeah there is some gross stuff (including mine) I agree this tie is beyond horrible. Here is how I usually wear the jacket:

Although I don't wear it often, as I don't like wearing dark pants (these are navy)/light jacket combo. I think I might try the jacket with white linen shirt and the light grey pants pictured at first.

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have read through this entire thread, and yeah there is some gross stuff (including mine) I agree this tie is beyond horrible.

With all due respect, this is why this thread has become worthless. It isn't supposed to be a bad taste thread...

Oh, and welcome!

ZachBhai

Reaction score
With all due respect, this is why this thread has become worthless. It isn't supposed to be a bad taste thread...

Oh, and welcome!
Well no disrespect is perceived here! I don't see how you thought this thread ever had worth though since, imo, it had some gross stuff from the start. Is there a bad taste thread? Maybe all n00bs should be required to place their first post there...

ZachBhai

Reaction score
An honest critique of my own work:

Ok so this is horrible, I don't even know where to begin. First the tie, burn it (Seriously lime green is never good...). Second that ps is way to matchy. I really cant see when you wouldn't have some other shade of blue in your fit that matches it, so if I was you I'd burn it. That shirt is also way to matchy with that jacket. Pink shirts are hard to pull off right, and this isn't an example of it done right. So you can keep the shirt, but not with this fit. The trousers are fine. That jacket is barely passable, it would look better if it had patch pockets, and was a normal seersucker.

LL
LL

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome Zach,

You seem like a fairly earnest fellow, so please stick around. But also do lots and lots of lurking before you start posting fits. After you think you've learned about 80% of what you could just from observation, then start posting fit pics so the masses can help you with that last 20%.

Also, does anyone else suspect that Zach is a body double for Mimo? Has anyone seen Mimo and Zach in the same picture?! I've been suspicious of Mimo ever since he started posting pictures in focus.

Zach, do any of your shoes have oddly colored laces?

Last edited:

ZachBhai

Reaction score
Welcome Zach,

You seem like a fairly earnest fellow, so please stick around. But also do lots and lots of lurking before you start posting fits. After you think you've learned about 80% of what you could just from observation, then start posting fit pics so the masses can help you with that last 20%.

Formerly yes, currently, no. I won't name websites that encourage crap like that, but I bought in. Short story: I lost a lot of weight (90 lbs), and was buying a little clothes as a reward. I tried to be one to do my research, and I did. I've read endless websites and blogs related to style. The truth is, there is as much crap advice out there as there is sound, probably even more (this website is one of the worst offenders simply because it is near impossible to separate good from bad advice). This outfit (minus the trou) is really an ode to the horrid advice. I have been coming around, but there is still a lot of lingering effects of poor advice by so called experts out there.

For the record, and maybe this makes me a troll....but I would never ever ever wear that fit in a truly public environment. (I consider this forum pseudo public)

I want to acquire better tastes, and I'm still lurking before posting a fit that I think is in good tastes. I didn't post this for feedback, based on the OP's wishes. I knew that I'd receive flack, and I didn't really have a big problem with that.

Dewi

Reaction score

Welcome Zach,

Also, does anyone else suspect that Zach is a body double for Mimo? Has anyone seen Mimo and Zach in the same picture?! I've been suspicious of Mimo ever since he started posting pictures in focus.

Even with his newly focused pictures, Zach still isn't blurry enough to be Mimo.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Formerly yes, currently, no. I won't name websites that encourage crap like that, but I bought in. Short story: I lost a lot of weight (90 lbs), and was buying a little clothes as a reward. I tried to be one to do my research, and I did. I've read endless websites and blogs related to style. The truth is, there is as much crap advice out there as there is sound, probably even more (this website is one of the worst offenders simply because it is near impossible to separate good from bad advice). This outfit (minus the trou) is really an ode to the horrid advice. I have been coming around, but there is still a lot of lingering effects of poor advice by so called experts out there.

For the record, and maybe this makes me a troll....but I would never ever ever wear that fit in a truly public environment. (I consider this forum pseudo public)

I want to acquire better tastes, and I'm still lurking before posting a fit that I think is in good tastes. I didn't post this for feedback, based on the OP's wishes. I knew that I'd receive flack, and I didn't really have a big problem with that.
All very reasonable. I was just suggesting that you observe more in general...not just this particular thread.

You clearly aren't a troll, but posting pictures of stuff you don't really wear, or aren't seriously considering wearing, is a little trollish as we all assume you are intending to wear them out and are interested in feedback. And if you are serious about building your tie wardrobe, familiarize yourself with the Sam Hober thread, the Buying & Selling subforum, and Howard Yount (when his ties go on sale, you can get a lot of bang for your buck).

As far as the colored laces, there is a very good natured (if a bit coarse) member named Mimo with a similar body type and pose and a proclivity for colored laces.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads