• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

some new **** today...threw it all together..

favorite piece is the pocket square...C3P0 and R2D2 star wars. :nodding:

Need to lose the pocketsquare in this fit. It's too much with the camo pants.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is one of my favourite looks I've seen, a single (albeit bold) piece of modernity on an otherwise very traditional outfit.  Are you going to wear it in court:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19595217

He may also be a London-based Ghanaian of a similar age, but I'm not honour-bound to support him in the dock just because our noses are uncannily similar, fellow

Harrydog

Reaction score

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Need to lose the pocketsquare in this fit. It's too much with the camo pants.

but i loved it...in hindsight..it wasnt the best choices together...to make it more pleasing, i shouldve stayed with the navy linen/cotton jacket with white MOP buttons and a solid PS. but i wanted to wear it. and i liked it still. :hide:

Well, I don't think it was a serious attempt at a fit anyway. I think Derek said he just put on all the stuff he had recently bought. 

well, i wore this exact fit to work. :)

I think Phineas Cole kind of epitomizes "peacock" style.

agreed..i love their stuff. woeisme needs to be posting here.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Phineas Cole kind of epitomizes "peacock" style.

http://www.paulstuart.com/catalog_display.cfm?headermenuid=4&c=PhineasCole-Fall-2012

Really like the blue/green plaid/waist coat pairing. The grey windowpane three piece is also nice. (I have a P C three piece from last fall. Will post pics when it cools down and I wear it for the first time this season.)

Would anyone wear the 8-button DB suit?

Even the model looks like he's having second thoughts about agreeing to wear that 8B DB. ;)

But I agree that Phineas Cole has some really beautiful items in that collection, and they do fall into the peacock end of hte spectrum. I like (almost) every piece in isolation. I am not much of a fan of how they are put together in the looks though. There's something a little too careful/precious about many of the colour/pattern combinations. And yes, as a suit, that blue/green check fabric would be really beautiful.

Last edited:

SeaJen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even the model looks like he's having second thoughts about agreeing to wear that 8B DB. ;)

But I agree that Phineas Cole has some really beautiful items in that collection, and they do fall into the peacock end of hte spectrum. I like (almost) every piece in isolation. I am not much of a fan of how they are put together in the looks though. There's something a little too careful/precious about many of the colour/pattern combinations. And yes, as a suit, that blue/green check fabric would be really beautiful.
Agreed. I received their brochure last week and paged through it over breakfast - some of those combinations put me off my toast.
The 8B BD looks like a costume piece from the latest Anna Karenina movie.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it was my first "good" tie when i was a kid. me and my dad had been watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels and michael caine wears one almost through the whole movie. He took me out and bought me one after that at nordstroms.

Dirk, there is no "s" at the end of "Nordstrom", you backwoods hick.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

dcg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha. It's ok; the Star Wars ps makes up for it. :slayer:

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Purchased this henley shirt after watching Deadwood but never liked the look on me. So I tried this with a scarf underneath, and I kind of liked the look. You guys have given me good steering in the past, and I've accepted the fact that I'm mostly appreciated here for entertainment value, so here it is. Trying for a younger look after receiving the following text message when trying to reconnect with a girl a used to date: "Hi Paul. Yes, it is your age. You are perfect, actually, pink pants and all, but I cannot bring myself to be intimate with someone so similar in age to my parents. If you are still willing to be my friend then I would love to still be yours. Anna".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads