• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN - Peacock Edition

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Quote:

Yes, Victory!  And that brown grenadine (Vanda) has been one of my most flexible wardrobe items this summer, although I wish it were ~2" longer (I'm 5'11").

DAMN YOU ALL!!!!! im sick of seeing these vicoty squares. I love em...but everytime i seriously consider buying one, i think about the logistics of spending over a c note on a pocket square and i feel like an idiot. but dammit, they are just so nice!

also, the brown vanda is the sex. i have a navy that is by far my favorite tie.

PTWilliams

Reaction score
Kiton jeans, turtleneck and jacket, Bally shoes. Suggestions?

Last edited:

scoredtx

Reaction score
but ... it's like 5-6 squares in one. Mine, taken out, to share unfurled. Maybe I should have shown more of the pink fuschia to peacockify the whole ensemble.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
o/o: I think that needs to be a true pinstripe to rise to the level of peacock. Or maybe be rust, orange, green or something else other than navy or gray. But, still nice.

Barims has thrown down the gauntlet, peacocks! Whose plumage will prevail?

PeeTeeDub: T'neck needs to be more vibrant for peacockin'. At least throw something fancy in that breast pocket so the top corresponds with the bottom in some way.

TWEEEEEDDDDD

Reaction score

Is the suit grey or brown?! I prefer the grey version with this look. The tie is fine with it, but IMO needs a solid shirt. Possibly a solid shirt with a contrast collar if you really want to go balls to the wall. I'd also prefer a puffed silk (or blend) square instead of a folded one with it. The concept has potential, in a very flashy & busy way, but I really think the execution could be improved a lot with these changes.

The suit is brown with a blue windowpane. I typical go solid blue or lavender shirt and a similar color silk knit tie. As far as the PS, I typically only do a square fold and about 90% of my PS's are cotton, I know its boring, I just have a weird texture bias against silk squares, I cant pull them off..

the next wear will be with a blue sold for sure, the shirt in this picture I think is what threw the whole outfit off...

Oh well, thanks for the feedback everyone!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads