• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only one award to give. Goes to Mr. Jazz.

---

Sidebar - I have noticed with some posters, that although their pics are clear when they post them, they turn all blurry when quoted. I wonder why that is. Happened to PCK this round and I see it with Noodles a lot (just another thing to drive him up a wall).

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Jason Marshall FTW, but there were quite a few awesome fits in this batch. Nice seeing some of the old guard still posting such great outfits, Urban Composition & ctp wear the hell out of those sport coats.

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Only one award to give. Goes to Mr. Jazz.

---

Sidebar - I have noticed with some posters, that although their pics are clear when they post them, they turn all blurry when quoted. I wonder why that is. Happened to PCK this round and I see it with Noodles a lot (just another thing to drive him up a wall).

Good point, drove me crazy with a Doodals fit couple of batches back. Happened to a Clags fit too.Anyone any ideas? Is it something to do with the kit they use, how it's uploaded...

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
I take the picture and just upload it via INSERT IMAGE icon in large version. The camera is 16MP. I dont know. But I was never bothered by it. I am just happy to have made the list.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My pictures are very high resolution and usually are within the 5 to 10 megabyte size...which is pretty big. SF doesn't allow you to upload photos larger than 10mb and I often have to re-size them to get them to upload or reset my camera settings to take less fine resolution photos....when the camera is at its most fine setting the file sizes tend to be 20mb+

I think that this is why it becomes blurry...as this happens with nearly every photo that I upload which then gets quoted by someone else.

perhaps @LA Guy can explain why quoted photos become blurry?

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My pictures are very high resolution and usually are within the 5 to 10 megabyte size...which is pretty big. SF doesn't allow you to upload photos larger than 10mb...

I think that this is why it becomes blurry...as this happens with nearly every photo that I upload which then gets quoted by someone else.

perhaps @LA Guy can explain why quoted photos become blurry?
Hmmm... I have never noticed that! I think that it's probably something to do with the resizing. I'll ask when next I talk to tech. The images are all stored in the same size, and we can only allow a certain amount of resolution, or else the storage needed would be huge, and the rendering of each page would grind the site to a halt.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My pictures are very high resolution and usually are within the 5 to 10 megabyte size...which is pretty big. SF doesn't allow you to upload photos larger than 10mb and I often have to re-size them to get them to upload or reset my camera settings to take less fine resolution photos....when the camera is at its most fine setting the file sizes tend to be 20mb+

perhaps @LA Guy
 can explain why quoted photos become blurry?

I have this same issue. I have noticed that even some of my images taken with the phone look very blurry when I upload them.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you pretty much just answered why it happens...when SF re-sizes the photo for a quote it becomes blurry because the photo is originally very high resolution requiring a large file size...and the downsize makes the resolution much less to meet the SF file size standards.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why would you upload pics with such a high resolution? Think of the poor mobile users with limited bandwith...

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Kiton/Charvet/Kamakura/Vintage/Incotex/AE

Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Kamakura
Tie: Henry Carter brown melange linen/silk
PS: Henry Carter
Shoes: Carmina

Details
Jacket Bntailor
Pants Bntailor
Shirt Ascot Chang
Tie EG Cappelli
PS Tom Ford
Shoes Carmina

People's Choice: Anden and Crat (44)
Elio's Jury Prize: Crat
Clag's Jury Prize: Cleav/Crat
Honourable Mention: Anden's photography and Prof. SeaJen's facial expression
biggrin.gif

FFA Award: heldentenor

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics