• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WAYWRN Composite -- 25 thumb minimum

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
In hindsight, Clags might have named this the MC Consensus Thread or Hive Mind Thread, leaving the criteria ambiguous. I'm certain someone would have figured out the threshold for inclusion, but with some handwaving and obfuscation, I bet he could have kept up the smokescreen for a while.

Anyway, here we are. I suggest that Clags ban any future fits which for which the poster has lobbied for thumbs. This will align incentives and with the desired outcome.

eviltimeban

Reaction score
In hindsight, Clags might have named this the MC Consensus Thread or Hive Mind Thread, leaving the criteria ambiguous. I'm certain someone would have figured out the threshold for inclusion, but with some handwaving and obfuscation, I bet he could have kept up the smokescreen for a while.

Anyway, here we are. I suggest that Clags ban any future fits which for which the poster has lobbied for thumbs. This will align incentives and with the desired outcome.
Ah come on! If you couldn't see the humour in my post, then I'm sorry, I should've made it more evident. It was due to the slagging I got earlier in the week re: the loud ties. My looks were torn apart! So I wasn't "lobbying" for thumbs. If I was, I would've been PM-ing everyone!
sly.gif

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Well, the whole idea about making the methodology open is so that others could compile the lists. For a while Stitchy was helping in earnest, and a few others, were contributing. But now it's just me. I don't mind. But perhaps you're right.

As far as the second point, I agree.

Maybe it's time for a 30+ thread?:)

I don't want to do this for two reasons. One, there are only a handful of posters who are capable of posting more than one 30+ fit a month, so it would quickly become a Best Of: TTO, Timo, Stitchy, Butler, Pingson, Braddock, EFV, and Claghorn (probably some I'm missing). That's a pretty limited field and wouldn't really showcase a healthy variety.

Also, the nice thing about the 20+ threshold is the wide ranger of fit types that can get included. I talk a lot about execution and direction. At 30+, very few directions would make the cut, regardless of execution. 20, you'll have a great variety. AAS's recent fit is a wonderful example of this. Some good Crusty and Holdfast fits hit the 20+ mark and represent a direction that few people really pursue, so it's worthwhile to preserve.

Still, such an idea was the motivation behind the Best of Best of thread I started a while back, wherein posters chose their favorite fits from this thread.

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to be the outlier (or sartorial outlaw, on occasion). I'm pleased when I get thumbs up, but rarely does the number go to 20 or above, but often in the 10+ range, which I think is just fine - more than fine, actually. I realize that my style isn't everyone's cup of tea (to say the least), but it's pleasant when it gets acknowledged in a positive way.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I have long considered you the James Dean of StyFo due to your rebellious ways.

eviltimeban

Reaction score
If Crusty hasn't got a 20+ yet then he's due. His looks are also so refined and elegant, and perfect for a man of his age. The odd new thing like the tie pin might jar with some people, but for the most part his is a classically stylish look.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If Crusty hasn't got a 20+ yet then he's due. His looks are also so refined and elegant, and perfect for a man of his age. The odd new thing like the tie pin might jar with some people, but for the most part his is a classically stylish look.

Fret not - I've gotten a couple of 20+ thumbs up, and yes, the details of my "looks" are very retro - much like their owner :).

Last edited:

DonCologne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's interesting to be the outlier (or sartorial outlaw, on occasion). I'm pleased when I get thumbs up, but rarely does the number go to 20 or above, but often in the 10+ range, which I think is just fine - more than fine, actually. I realize that my style isn't everyone's cup of tea (to say the least), but it's pleasant when it gets acknowledged in a positive way.

I like every of your outfits much more than most of the 20+ thumbs outfits you can see here.
Every single outift from you is authentic and I can see your style. Many others with more thumbs are trying to copy other styles (Much blogger blue outfits) and forget to devolpe an own individual style.
When I look at the most outfits, I can see a blue sports coat, a light blue shirt, a brown grenadine tie, grey flanell trousers...
When I look at your outfits, I can see a gentleman in the best age, who has a dignified aura and the clothes shows this.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Ah come on! If you couldn't see the humour in my post, then I'm sorry, I should've made it more evident. It was due to the slagging I got earlier in the week re: the loud ties. My looks were torn apart! So I wasn't "lobbying" for thumbs. If I was, I would've been PM-ing everyone! :sly:  

I wasn't complaining about you, etb, just trying to help Clags get the thread he wants. If you recall, I did a bit of subtle lobbying myself—spoilered, of course, because I'm a gentleman. :)

specialk0449

Reaction score
Fret not - I've gotten a couple of 20+ thumbs up, and yes, the details of my "looks" are very retro - much like their owner
smile.gif
UC is by far the best dressed gentleman that posts regularly on this forum. He puts so much effort and forethought in how he dresses and it shows.

Academic2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those who know it can recognize the opening of Beethoven’s Eroica Symphony just from the attack of the first chord, and one can recognize a work of Vermeer as such even if all one can see is a tiny fragment of the canvas showing the portrayal of sunlight through a window.

Similarly there are contributors to the WAYWRN thread who are so clearly focused on how they want to look that one would know who they are even if looking at only a very small portion of their fit. Upr_crust is one. And I could recognize Claghorn just by looking at the collar buttoning of his shirt.

Cheers,

Ac

Last edited:

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily