• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hola!

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Aristotle thought art imitates life.

Oscar Wilde thought life imitates art.

Here's a living person imitating art by wearing trousers the same color as part of the art.

Unless you lived in Los Angeles before 1969 you probably have no idea what that thing behind me is and you probably never had a slice of Helms Olympic Bread.

The fountain is shaped like the Olympic Rings on the Helms Olympic Bread package.

In a few years Helms Coaches will seem as ancient to the living as King Too-Damn-Common or Queen Half-Set-Up and all the other dead Egyptians.

IMG_2222.jpeg

Brooks Brothers corduroy jacket and Madras BD shirt, Burberry Nova Plaid pocket square, Vineyard Vines Nantucket Red trousers, white cotton socks from Marshall's, and Bass white bucks.

Here's the bronze plaque next to it.

IMG_2227.jpeg

Here's what it looks like without me sitting on it.

IMG_2228.jpeg

The former Helms Olympic Bakery is now the Helms Bakery District, a vast collection of restaurants and store selling furniture and related products.

Here's a view between two of the buildings.

IMG_2229.jpeg

A little further on.

IMG_2230.jpeg

te0o

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hot day. Somehow as my wardrobe grows, I always find myself reaching for the most familiar and safe pieces.

Really simple combo here - navy merino polo made by Umbria Verde, bespoke trousers from Whitcomb & Shaftesbury in Fox Air cloth, and the trusty old Edward Green Belgravias which seem to go well with pretty much anything.

IMG_48292.jpg

IMG_4839.JPEG

IMG_4817.JPEG

HistoryBuff1812

Reaction score
Happy Tuesday all, it's supposed to reach near 100° F here in the Motor City so short sleeves and linen were a must. I love this polo because it fits near perfect and I think it's a nice, not tooooo loud, shade of pink for a hot Summer's day (if paired with lots of neutral colors).
20220621_112425.jpg
20220621_112602.jpg
20220621_112808.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads