• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Watches are back, baby!

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Spence thought you had a roo? I like ap but would never buy one due to their panerai like popularity these days.

Jet, I do have this ROO, the new Diver. I had the ROO Themes on SS, but sold it.

AP is big now, but nowhere near Panerais popularity level. Panerai has a larger catalog (not including womens AP pieces), lower price point on many pieces, and makes far more watches per year. That being said AP is getting bigger, I think for the better. They used to make 101 Limited Edition ROO’s which I thought was kind of over kill, but they seem to be honing their vision lately, and even producing more and nicer dressier pieces such as the Milenary line.

photo-1.jpg

oisin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spencer
Jet, I do have this ROO, the new Diver. I had the ROO Themes on SS, but sold it.

AP is big now, but nowhere near Panerais popularity level. Panerai has a larger catalog (not including womens AP pieces), lower price point on many pieces, and makes far more watches per year. That being said AP is getting bigger, I think for the better. They used to make 101 Limited Edition ROO's which I thought was kind of over kill, but they seem to be honing their vision lately, and even producing more and nicer dressier pieces such as the Milenary line.

photo-1.jpg

i'm sorry, but
ffffuuuu.gif
. classic RO, beautiful. This is a bit of a monstrosity.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I love that ROO Diver. djrajio has one, it suits his style perfectly. It looks really cool in real life.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oisin
i'm sorry, but
ffffuuuu.gif
. classic RO, beautiful. This is a bit of a monstrosity.

It's 42mm hardly a monstrosity, smallest of the ROO line. But to each their own.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

AP is big now, but nowhere near Panerais popularity level. Panerai has a larger catalog (not including womens AP pieces), lower price point on many pieces, and makes far more watches per year. That being said AP is getting bigger, I think for the better. They used to make 101 Limited Edition ROO's which I thought was kind of over kill, but they seem to be honing their vision lately, and even producing more and nicer dressier pieces such as the Milenary line.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h1...rl/photo-1.jpg

Still enormously popular and to be quite honest owning a pan for a long time has increased my sensitivity to bulky watches as they are a bit vulgar to me these days. It's kind of like a hummer for your wrist, I prefer smooth watches so I'm going to get my iwc when I stop being lazy.

gats

Reaction score
foEq1.jpg
stowa.jpg
Why is there not a SW&D watch thread? also I love these 2 probs will kop
610023722ocean_blk_01.jpg
Also kind of want the steinhart ocean black but then I feel you may as well just get a fake Rolex.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
Still enormously popular and to be quite honest owning a pan for a long time has increased my sensitivity to bulky watches as they are a bit vulgar to me these days. It's kind of like a hummer for your wrist, I prefer smooth watches so I'm going to get my iwc when I stop being lazy.

I hear you. And IWC is a great call, they make amazing pieces, great price points, and are probably one of the best bangs for the buck when it comes to higher end watches. Which model were you thinking? Let me know if you want a hook up on an AD if you don't already have one.

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ i've traded in a few of my watches recently to justify a 7 day portuguese automatic... went with my girlfriend to try one on last week and she thought it looked too big on me
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Reaction score
I really like the regular royal oak with a white face.

i also like a few bremonts. i don't like the iconic rerelease watches so much. though it's easy to get suckered into them coz they're honestly really nice. but i prefer modern interpretations.

hamilton/ omega are fine with me. iwc sure if i can afford them.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by robinsongreen68
^ i've traded in a few of my watches recently to justify a 7 day portuguese automatic... went with my girlfriend to try one on last week and she thought it looked too big on me
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

i think 7-8 day power reserve is a very useful comp. mine always wind down.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Let me see if I get this straight.

A few 20 and 30 something hipsters without any taste start telling people they don't need watches because they have cell phones and that means that watches are dead.

Then some of those same tasteless hipsters discover that watches are pretty cool after all and now it means that watches are back.

This is supposed to be important to my life...why?

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I hear you. And IWC is a great call, they make amazing pieces, great price points, and are probably one of the best bangs for the buck when it comes to higher end watches. Which model were you thinking? Let me know if you want a hook up on an AD if you don’t already have one.

Will do thanks, port auto but no idea when I will actually cop. Haven't even gone to a watch shop in years, I keep telling myself I don't need one. I was thinking of buying from NY and having them ship.

In an ideal world I'd cop patek.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads