• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did all the Mitchells/Richards overstock go when Filene's Basement closed? I discovered on Saturday that some of it went to the Marshalls in Pentagon City. Amid the usual dreck (Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Naldini -- WTF?), I found several Cornelianis, a few Kitons, Isaias, and Samuelsohns, and the crown jewel -- a single-breasted, one-button, Brioni tuxedo with grosgrain lapels. I cried a little upon discovering it was one size too large for me. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.

Last edited:

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where did all the Mitchells/Richards overstock go when Filene's Basement closed? I discovered on Saturday that some of it went to the Marshalls in Pentagon City. Amid the usual dreck (Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Naldini -- WTF?), I found several Cornelianis, a few Kitons, Isaias, and Samuelsohns, and the crown jewel -- a single-breasted, one-button, Brioni tuxedo with grosgrain lapels. I cried a little upon discovering it was one size too large for me. Definitely worth checking out if you're in the area.

How were the prices?

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

How were the prices?

Not great. The Brioni tuxedo was $999.99. I think the Corneliani suits were $400-something and the Kiton suit was $1,800.

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not great. The Brioni tuxedo was $999.99. I think the Corneliani suits were $400-something and the Kiton suit was $1,800.

I particularly liked the Isaia sportcoats. Some items had the Marshs tag.

Last edited:

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This thread lives! I saw a black brioni tux at the Marshalls in Potomac mills. Price was $2000. Did not want to try on due to the temptation factor. And, the post "I'm broke" feeling.

Edit: There was also a navy Kiton SC at the Last call. 2000ish plus 50% off. So, 1K. Buttons in the pockets were black so it my have been an orphan. The jacket was glorious (qtr lined?) but it had a couple of snags.

Last edited:

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was wondering where the Filene's stuff went. The TJ Maxx near Metro Center is pretty useless, I've found.

bobbers

Reaction score
As noted in the Allen Edmonds thread, pairs of AE are showing up at Burlington Coat Factory for $99-$139. I went to three Northern Virginia locations on Sunday looking in 10.5-11-11.5 and found the following below. It should be noted that except for one, every pair was in not in the marked size section as if someone was hiding these like George Constanza.

Bailey's Crossroads:
Geary longwing blucher brown cald 11.5D brown in the 10.5 section
Quinton suede balmoral 8.5 3E in 11 section
Strand 8.5D in the 12 section
McTavish 8 in the 11 section

Seven Corners:
none

Potomac Mills:
McTavish 9d in the 11 section
Schautal suede longwing blucher 11d in the 11 section

(unknown name) model 8012 10.5d in the 11.5 section
An interesting brown longwing blucher

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Marshalls in Tysons has a very nice Canali Kei linen blazer with a large check pattern. Sweet. Size is 52 euro, pretty sure. It is red tagged at $289, which is a good price.

There was also an interesting J. Varvatos grey tux by Lardini. Also, a 52 or 42R. Really nice shoulders on it. $299 red tagged, I think.

I picked up a rag/bone navy blazer in a kind of seersucker fabric. $119. I'll try to post pix later.

bsarosi

Reaction score
PSA: Dash's in Old Town, Alexandria is having its annual half-off sale through 8/16. If you're a fan of Italian menswear, they carry Luigi Bianchi Mantova and LBM 1911 in suits, sportcoats, and ties.

Suits will end up being $750-1000 and SCs will be $375-600. They have quite a few ties and PS as well.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Marshalls in Tysons Corner has some E zegna pants (made by Incotex) at $129 or so. Also, some B Cuccinelli pants ($249), RL purple label tan pants for 129. Etro Milano pants for $149, i think.

The Last call Neiman in Potomac mills has a B Cuccinelli SC, sz 44, but fits like a 42. Color is dark maroon. It is tagged 2100 but 50% all red tagged stuff.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Marshalls in Tysons Corner has some E zegna pants (made by Incotex) at $129 or so. Also, some B Cuccinelli pants ($249), RL purple label tan pants for 129. Etro Milano pants for $149, i think.

The Last call Neiman in Potomac mills has a B Cuccinelli SC, sz 44, but fits like a 42. Color is dark maroon. It is tagged 2100 but 50% all red tagged stuff.

Marshalls selling 250 dollar pants.... wtf? Do you remember what size the RLPL pants were?
NMLC in Potomac Mills is selling a Cuccinelli SC for 2100, when it couldn't move a navy kiton SC for less than that for over a year (and refused to make it down further, unless im mistaken). I used to make the drive down there every once in a while, now I'm too lazy.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Marshalls selling 250 dollar pants.... wtf? Do you remember what size the RLPL pants were?
NMLC in Potomac Mills is selling a Cuccinelli SC for 2100, when it couldn't move a navy kiton SC for less than that for over a year (and refused to make it down further, unless im mistaken). I used to make the drive down there every once in a while, now I'm too lazy.
I want to say 34 or 36. I've got too many tan pants so didn't really look at them.

That navy kiton may still be there! I didn't look at a certain clearance rack because it was swarmed with tourists.

jonathanS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I want to say 34 or 36. I've got too many tan pants so didn't really look at them.  

That navy kiton may still be there! I didn't look at a certain clearance rack because it was swarmed with tourists.

You might think they'd take the hint that if a product is on the shelf long enough, it might be priced incorrectly.

I hate it how there's stuff good at marshalls because walking into that store is always interesting. Not my favorite place at all. Actually I went there today and gave up. Found a pair of orange purple label silk pants & was tempted but knew 100% silk pants would be 100% frustrating to clean. Lol.

coolarrow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The marshalls in pentagon city has a bunch of BB1818 Madison fit navy suits (maybe charcoal?). Made by southwick. And, they have the flag lapel pin (just like in BB!). Only Madison cut, no Milano. "Normal" sizes from 38 to 44. $299. Also, some BB golden fleece tuxes, also made by southwick. However, they are 3 button jackets. Same price $299.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads