• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nader393

Reaction score
Made my own out of pipe-fitter's tape. Only gets noticed at checkout by guys in the know (DIY, tradesmen, etc).

IMG_1395.jpg
IMG_1396.jpg
IMG_1397.jpg

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got a new one from a company called Show Your Hem from Indonesia. Specs are bellow:

- vegetable tanned leather
- nylon waxed thread
- hand stitched construction
- edge burnished
- bifold wallet
- 6 cards slot
- 2 hidden pocket
- money slot with cash divider
- side cut for easy to access the money
- S.Y.H logo debossed
- "SHOW YOUR HEM" typograph debossed
- dimension 12 cm X 9 cm folded
- 20mm thickness

IMG_1103.jpg
IMG_1104.jpg
IMG_1106.jpg
IMG_1107.jpg

scarbz

Reaction score
Minimalist wallets are where its at. Nobody likes to carry a boat load of cards around with them anymore. I found my current wallet (can't remember the name) here: (admin note: link appears spammy.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Snoopy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bought this one last week on Amazon. It's very very small I was surprised. Fits easily in any pocket with no disturbance.

Italian Leather. Smells great, feels great, looks great in Cognac.

OverdressedNW

Reaction score
Arc'teryx Veilance Casing Billfold

Stitchless construction makes it ridiculously lightweight. After 1.5 years of everyday use, there is almost no sign of wear.

A unique alternative to luxury standards.

Attachments

• Casing-Billfold-Black.jpg
    Casing-Billfold-Black.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3771.jpg
    IMG_3771.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 394

Jpto

Reaction score
I have a dark green shell wallet from Ashland Leather, it's a bit taller than a regular wallet but it's relatively flat and can hold a passport in the currency pocket, which, is important for me since I travel a lot for work

AxlJack

Reaction score
Just bought an Ettinger card case. Besides this awful color combination, what are people's opinions, experiences on their products?

Info on them is so stark, I'm still not sure if this is Made in England or not, if it's machine stitched, where they get their leather from etc.

For a smaller company you'd assume they would try to educate their consumers on their products.

@dieworkwear would you know at all?

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just bought an Ettinger card case. Besides this awful color combination, what are people's opinions, experiences on their products?

Info on them is so stark, I'm still not sure if this is Made in England or not, if it's machine stitched, where they get their leather from etc.

For a smaller company you'd assume they would try to educate their consumers on their products.

@dieworkwear would you know at all?

View attachment 1325903

View attachment 1325904

I interviewed the head of the company about seven years ago. Assuming the information is still the same, all the products are either made in-house at their factory or by local outworkers. So all made in England. Products are machine sewn.

They make good products.. It's basically a heritage British leather goods company.

scarbz

Reaction score
I just bought this bad boy. Pretty amazing wallet but you do how it's not the cheapest. Hopefully, it lasts but so far it's perfect. Great size, great storage, little pull tabs for easy access to cards and the design is half leather half carbon fiber. I think it's made by Frenchie co or something like that.

frenchie-co-carbon-speed-wallet.jpg

Kevin24

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new wallet seeing the American Eagle one I've had since being an underclassman in high school is starting to fall apart.

I am wondering if anyone could make any reliable recommendations for a bifold under $100?

I am currently considering one by Jack Erwin (pebble grain and made in Portugal), and an Italian made brand called "Gudi" on Amazon.

I'm also in the market for a passport holder in the same price range too.

jts287

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new wallet seeing the American Eagle one I've had since being an underclassman in high school is starting to fall apart.

I am wondering if anyone could make any reliable recommendations for a bifold under $100?

I am currently considering one by Jack Erwin (pebble grain and made in Portugal), and an Italian made brand called "Gudi" on Amazon.

I'm also in the market for a passport holder in the same price range too.
Luxeswap on eBay. I bought a like new Dior from him last year for like $40.

Luscombe

Reaction score
This is the minimalist wallet I carry today. Fairly thin and has a great patina. Highly recommended. Only thing lacking is RFID protection. Popov leather
leather-bifold-5-card-wallet-english-tan-3_1800x1800.jpg

Last edited:

Midnight2six

Reaction score
wallet_1524305089_eef88f48.jpg
wallet_1524305088_a1a63392.jpg

This is the best wallet I think I've ever had. leather by Denning & Kane London. 8 card slots and 2 compartment for notes. I searched on the web for it as I couldn't be arsed charging my phone just to take and upload a photo. Here it is and it seems TK Maxx are selling it for £12.99. I paid £40 for mine but I'm not whinging as it's worth every penny. Prior to that my go to wallet was a Docker that folded into 3 but was a bit fat.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1586818872117.png

My simple Marni card wallet, I've ditched the traditional wallet and no ragrats. My back and posture thanks me for it, no more bulging back pocket!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads