• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ugh. I want a pair of the new Mesa. Don't know whether sand suede of light brown for me. And the price is crazy. I am getting a pair of custom Yuketen Engineering strap OX DBs, which I am sure will last longe and just as well made as the Visvims, but that running shoe soe is something else. I need to win a larger lottery.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are not that good in any of the fit pics ive seen and with the non replaceable sole its a no go from me. Think its one of those things you appreciate but dont own and are all the wiser.

luza

Reaction score
Hi,

Is the virgil a lot bigger/bulkier than the brigadiers? I've got big feet and skinny legs/ankles and just wonder if they would suit me.

Emixam

Reaction score
^Virgil's last is not always the same each season, sometimes slimmer or bulkier....but mostly except for the slimmer outsole, they tend to look the same as brigadier volume wise.

Last edited:

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

How well do FBT's hold up?

It really depends on what type of fabric/leather the upper is made of. I have elk leather ones and they looked pretty destroyed within a few months of wear, yet once made of a stiffer leather would keep their shape for a far longer period.

patagonianwild

Reaction score
The weather here just keeps indicating a rainshell 8 months a year, so im sort of inclined towards a nomad. Haven't seen one since that olive one a couple years back. Why did they stop making those again?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For those that live in Boston, Louis is now carrying FW14 - clothing and 3 pairs of shoes. Some really nice pieces

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The weather here just keeps indicating a rainshell 8 months a year, so im sort of inclined towards a nomad. Haven't seen one since that olive one a couple years back. Why did they stop making those again?

nomad making a return ss15, with hemp drawstrings :facepalm: comes in red, navy and some other colors

if you want an olive shell they did a totem 2.5l (pac lite) jacket this fall in that color:

sim

also just remembered they did a nomad in olive herringbone twill cotton this fall, but not waterproof.

Last edited:

mjba

Reaction score
hey guys, i'm heading to Tokyo next week and looking for some stuff from previous seasons. any ideas if/where that might be available?

Emixam

Reaction score
ask FIL they have old stock, also you can sneak in the 2nd hand stores, you have a ragtag nearby FIL which regularly has several Visvim items.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Pics?

Emixam

Reaction score
This thread needs more pics

FW14 Brigadier Suede

FW08 M.O.C. Kudu Suede

SS11 Grizzly Kudu

SS14 Virgil Horween Bison

FW13 Cochise Horween Bison

All sizes 12, except the Grillzy and MOC which are 11. The Grizzly fit OK, and the MOC I removed the insole and they fit like 11.5 now. Also the Cochise fits 1/2 size smaller, size up can be an aoption.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads