• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Joytropics

Reaction score
what size are you in Alden Barrie last or CP Achilles? If you are 11.5 alden barrie last then i would safe moving up 1/2 size but if you are 11 Alden barrie last then i would need to move up a whole size.

@dieworkwear do you have any advice on VSVM sneaker sizing as compared to Alden barrie last?

I don't have either, but to be blunt, don't buy expensive shoes that you can't return. Trust me, I learned the hard way. Even if you can get a great deal, it's much more expensive in the longrun.

The Real Real has affordable Visvim shoes on consignment, and they take returns. Some eBay sellers do as well.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
what size are you in Alden Barrie last or CP Achilles? If you are 11.5 alden barrie last then i would safe moving up 1/2 size but if you are 11 Alden barrie last then i would need to move up a whole size.

@dieworkwear do you have any advice on VSVM sneaker sizing as compared to Alden barrie last?

I'm an 8.5 on the Alden Barrie, 9D on the Brannock, and I took a 9 in the bamboo print version of the Skagway. I think I could have one half a size down (so 8.5), but the 9 felt comfortable, so I just went with it. I wear them with thick socks.

https___hypebeast.com_image_2017_04_visvim-skagway-hi-suede-bamboo-0.jpg

Last edited:

Retlas

Reaction score
So, Skagway sizing... same as maliseets/FBTs? Tempted to pull the trigger on my 1st pair of skagway hi.

Fycus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
skagway size down .5 from fbt and maliseet. Skags run same as converse to me, and going TTS tends to have a bit too much room. They may be snug at first but they'll break in. YMMV however, as others mentioned may be best to try on.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Picked up my first kerchief from mr. SK. His service is A1 and thanks to everyone co-signing him! I got a 4 but realized I need a 5. Can’t complain though. Piece is absolutely amazing.

Attachments

• E7BCE3BA-9768-493D-AB1B-6DD69C48F597.jpeg
    E7BCE3BA-9768-493D-AB1B-6DD69C48F597.jpeg
    564.7 KB · Views: 191

Retlas

Reaction score
Yeah, those bandana pieces all fit small - an amazing piece though (I have my eye out for a beige bandana one)

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Yeah, those bandana pieces all fit small - an amazing piece though (I have my eye out for a beige bandana one)

they do. One of the trickiest things when buying Visvim is figuring out sizing. Good luck hunting down that beige!

If anyone wants to trade their 5 for this 4 lmk!

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
they do. One of the trickiest things when buying Visvim is figuring out sizing. Good luck hunting down that beige!

If anyone wants to trade their 5 for this 4 lmk!

Beautiful piece. what size blazer (e.g. 42) and tee (e.g. Large) do you wear? assuming size 4 was supposed to be a large but fits more like a medium? mr. SK is a proxy correct? what is the pricing differential from buying already landed in USA?

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Beautiful piece. what size blazer (e.g. 42) and tee (e.g. Large) do you wear? assuming size 4 was supposed to be a large but fits more like a medium? mr. SK is a proxy correct? what is the pricing differential from buying already landed in USA?

I’m Between a L and XL depending on the brand. 46/48 in blazers. A 4 is a JP XL / US L.
Mr. SK is a proxy service. Kerchiefs you’ll look to pay a hefty penny but it’s something I really wanted.

Joytropics

Reaction score
I’m Between a L and XL depending on the brand. 46/48 in blazers. A 4 is a JP XL / US L.
Mr. SK is a proxy service. Kerchiefs you’ll look to pay a hefty penny but it’s something I really wanted.

Legendary piece. True grail.

If you can't find a trade, I'd be tempted to buy the 4 off you...

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
I already showed the kerchief, but wanted to share my recent Visvim haul.

also, major major s/o to the good folks at Canoe Club. their service is amazing and they’re really dope people. Picked up the jumbo hoodies and handyman from them.

Attachments

• 57EFA966-7BFC-4DBA-958B-DC5B142B5818.jpeg
    57EFA966-7BFC-4DBA-958B-DC5B142B5818.jpeg
    194.8 KB · Views: 170

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads