• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Visit to Chan for first real suit

DandySF

Reaction score
At my request Patrick added a pocket for my cell phone. It's positioned so as not to create an unisightly bulge.

By the way, thanks for providing photographs of the finished suit, which looks great.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
I don't think so. Where would it be located?

On the right front side, above the first belt loop. The waistband is split at the top so that you can put a pocket watch (or other item) in the pocket and have it ride behind the belt and waistband. I sometimes use it for my cell phone.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Retronotmetro has eloquently explained the placing of the pocket - a great shame if they have dropped it other than by request.

I get 8 inner pockets - On the left I have an extra ticket pocket fo business cards and on the right I have a pocket below the breast pocket for air tickets and then pockets for cell phone and a folded handkerchief lower down. I find that this enables me to distribute small things without creating bulges and means I can find things easily.

I like the way they now cut the lining although like you say the range seems to still be disappointing.

I don't think so. Where would it be located?

I'm not sure, but all the ones they offered me were fairly thin. I happen to prefer that. I was a little disappointed that they didn't have more interesting linings. I wanted to get a really boldly striped lining for the sleeves but could only find one with conservatively colored stripes. I still think they're a nice personalization though.

I went with their default which includes a pen pocket and another lower pocket. What inside pockets do you get? I hear the RJMan likes to add a hidden cat treat pocket.

whoopee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A-Man have some wilder linings. Of course, it is not difficult to supply yuour own.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whoopee
A-Man have some wilder linings. Of course, it is not difficult to supply your own.

I have to agree - I always do but it would have been good if Chan had remedied this - at the time I rated it as one of the worst selections I had seen.

By the way is Kent's jacket only partly lined?

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DandySF
At my request Patrick added a pocket for my cell phone. It's positioned so as not to create an unisightly bulge.
Where is it? I'm currently putting my phone in the ticket pocket of the jacket.
Originally Posted by retronotmetro
On the right front side, above the first belt loop. The waistband is split at the top so that you can put a pocket watch (or other item) in the pocket and have it ride behind the belt and waistband. I sometimes use it for my cell phone.
Found it! Thanks for alerting me to it.
Originally Posted by GBR
By the way is Kent's jacket only partly lined?
Half-lined. I like the lighter weight.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
144609617_9f57cf487a.jpg

"you got some ID son?"

(sorry Kent, couldnt help myself)

DandySF

Reaction score
In response to your question about the inside cell phone pocket: it's located on the left side, right about the level of the waist line.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Half-lined. I like the lighter weight.

Do they line the edges of the seem to tidy them?

It seems quite a good idea especially for summer and I might try this. Do you find it tends to wrinkle more than a lined suit when yoiu sit down.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Do they line the edges of the seem to tidy them?
Yes, you can see a bit of that in the photo.
Originally Posted by GBR
It seems quite a good idea especially for summer and I might try this. Do you find it tends to wrinkle more than a lined suit when yoiu sit down.
I don't really have enough experience with it to tell you yet.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by m@T
144609617_9f57cf487a.jpg

"you got some ID son?"

(sorry Kent, couldnt help myself)

is it me or are the cuffs and the shirt of different color?

Brian SD

Reaction score
I got into this thread late, but that suit looks really excellent, Kent. Good call. I didnt get into my fitting because traffic to LA was ridiculous. Took me 5 hours to get there (usually takes 2).. was just in time to be half an hour late.
frown.gif

Eskie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DandySF
At my request Patrick added a pocket for my cell phone. It's positioned so as not to create an unsightly bulge.

I'm curious about your cell phone pocket. Is there any reinforcement to keep it from pulling down on the fabric (i.e. Blackberry size/weight)? No matter which pocket I use in my suits, none of which are dedicated, I still find the extra weight to to alter the lie of the fabric.

DandySF

Reaction score
The internal cell phone pocket sits right behind the front external flapped pocket. This placement may help conceal the outlines of the phone. I just checked, and I don't notice any but the faintest of pulling when I put the phone in the pocket. It does help that the phone is rather light and that the sport jacket is cut from a fall-weight wool/cashmere blend.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eskie
I'm curious about your cell phone pocket. Is there any reinforcement to keep it from pulling down on the fabric (i.e. Blackberry size/weight)? No matter which pocket I use in my suits, none of which are dedicated, I still find the extra weight to to alter the lie of the fabric.

I have a cell phone pocket on the right side about 9" from the bottom. have found no problem with pulling at all - with super 120 etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads