• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The outdoor light really brings out the beautiful colors. Is that color 4, 6, or something particular to the brand?
Color 8, I think. I sun faded these and dyed them a bit.

memoriastoica

Reaction score
Found a nice pair of deadstock made in Ireland Stacy Adams longwings. 10.5 D. Anyone want them before I throw them up on eBay? Not looking for much $ … but I thought someone here would appreciate them. Send me a pm.

Thanks, AHS

UPDATE: SHOES HAVE BEEN CLAIMED BY A THREAD MEMBER. THANKS!

View attachment 1950933 View attachment 1950935 View attachment 1950937 View attachment 1950939
Darn, my size! Those are real nice, and made in Ireland which is a unique manufacturing location. Next time!

Nealjpage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find myself rotating through the same 10 to 12 pairs of shoes regularly so I decided to try and widen my circle. Here's some Madison Square shield toes from the 1960s.
20230502_131420.jpg

And an Accutron from 1976.
20230502_171142.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy WTW forum pals.

IMG_2851.jpg

lullemans72

Reaction score

IDK if this is the problem, hard to tell from the pic but this video might help.

I've had the same problem few times and the only way to fix it is clean all the cream/wax with Renomat and start all over again. Especially on my pair of Paraboot one side can't achieve mirror shine no matter how hard I try and the other side still does easily. I guess that's the leather problem.

Cheers for the reply. No, it's not the dry spot I'm experiencing. It's the entire toe cap of my right shoe that simply won't shine no matter how much wax I use.
But I think I'll try your suggestion and use some Renomat on the right toe cap to get rid of anything that's on the shoe. Then I'll start afresh, and hopefully that will help.

Bopper

Reaction score
Cheers for the reply. No, it's not the dry spot I'm experiencing. It's the entire toe cap of my right shoe that simply won't shine no matter how much wax I use.
But I think I'll try your suggestion and use some Renomat on the right toe cap to get rid of anything that's on the shoe. Then I'll start afresh, and hopefully that will help.
I applied mink oil to a brand new pair of black combat boots, once, in order to water-proof them. As a result, it was years before they would take a shine.

lullemans72

Reaction score
I applied mink oil to a brand new pair of black combat boots, once, in order to water-proof them. As a result, it was years before they would take a shine.
I definitely have not applied any mink oil on my shoes. In the past it would shine just like the left toe cap. This issue only just started happening recently. The only possible thing I could think of is that I recently did purchase Saphir navy polish and navy wax polish and only used this on the right shoe. I have no idea if those polishes could have somehow tampered with the shoe. It doesn't make sense if it did though, since I only use Saphir products on my dress shoes.

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Brewton on a weird rainy May day in CA
IMG_3568.jpeg
IMG_3569.jpeg

ZePrez

Reaction score
Hi

My last acquisition. Got it, 2 weeks ago, on eBay thanks to VCleat (What a resources! Thanks David!! ). I am surprised by how "new" these are. This is just out of the package (Received these yesterday), with cedar shoe trees, well packaged and unworn... No brushing or cleaning. I unpacked these and took the pictures this morning.
Happy!
Now to the connoisseurs here: What year are these?
I know Hanover folded in 1996, thus, these have to be at least 27 years old... Vintage?

Thanks in advance.

Peace.

1683203115552.jpeg

1683203249184.jpeg

1683203172426.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi

My last acquisition. Got it, 2 weeks ago, on eBay thanks to VCleat (What a resources! Thanks David!! ). I am surprised by how "new" these are. This is just out of the package (Received these yesterday), with cedar shoe trees, well packaged and unworn... No brushing or cleaning. I unpacked these and took the pictures this morning.
Happy!
Now to the connoisseurs here: What year are these?
I know Hanover folded in 1996, thus, these have to be at least 27 years old... Vintage?

Thanks in advance.

Peace.

View attachment 1951569
View attachment 1951573

View attachment 1951571

What a terrific find!! My guess is that these are from the late 80s or early 90s. Wear them in good health.

lullemans72

Reaction score
I definitely have not applied any mink oil on my shoes. In the past it would shine just like the left toe cap. This issue only just started happening recently. The only possible thing I could think of is that I recently did purchase Saphir navy polish and navy wax polish and only used this on the right shoe. I have no idea if those polishes could have somehow tampered with the shoe. It doesn't make sense if it did though, since I only use Saphir products on my dress shoes.
Quick update on this: I used some Renomat on the right toe cap and now all is back to normal. The shoe shines easily like before. It must have been some bad combination of shoe and wax polish that clogged up the pores. Still surprised that this could happen, but oh well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads