• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what ya got? I'm a FJ fan and 10.5C may work as I'm usually a D
I usually wear an 11C. These are too short for me but they are definitely narrow. So, I doubt they would work

Bopper

Reaction score
The incomparable @smfdoc was kind enough to send me the listing for these lovely NOS Florsheim Imperial PTBs in 10eee—from what he says, a near-impossible size. They are model number 78007 and were “Assembled in USA” in January of 1999 (Code AJ). The fit is quite nice—the only oddity is a heavily-padded sock liner that may add a bit of height in the heel area. Beautiful grain and a strong channel for the stitching. Monty immediately took the box. Thanks, @smfdoc, for always looking out for your fellow “eee” shoe pals.

View attachment 1950347 View attachment 1950349 View attachment 1950351 View attachment 1950353 View attachment 1950355 View attachment 1950357 View attachment 1950359 View attachment 1950361
I find that particular vintage to be the most comfortable. Maybe some quality control improvements in fit were made?

Last edited:

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I find that particular vintage to be the most comfortable. Maybe some quality control improvements in fit were made?
Have to agree. My 1997 97626s are incredibly comfortable, too.

1D77E9DF-8921-4F6D-A508-DC8AD6B30ECC.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum pals. Congrats to @Vincent George on his Florsheim PTB pick up. I love connecting people with shoes. It is nearly as fun as buying a pair and easier on my wallet. Today, I noticed this pair of Mason Imperial LWB on the shelf and I knew I have not worn them in quite some time. They are very deep chocolate in color, basically cigar.

IMG_2847.jpg

Nobleprofessor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t need any more black shoes and I have stopped buying them. BUT, I couldn’t pass up a pair of 96605. These are the black version of the 60’s Ultimate Longwing the 97604. The little details are what makes these so great. They don’t have the visual impact of the 97604, when I need a black pair these will be it!
IMG_8961.jpeg
IMG_8962.jpeg
IMG_8963.jpeg

Bopper

Reaction score
Nettleton Traditional LWBs in resto stage. They're very wet so they will dry to a much lighter color. I'm undecided as to whether or not to touch them up with a light coat of Light Brown Fiebing's alcohol based leather dye, but probably not on this pair, as the Lexol conditioner is going to dress them up beautifully anyway. I'll try, but it's unlikely they'll be ready for WW. Yes, I clean welt threads with tooth-paste, at least on more casual pairs. On my KH pre- '73 93602's for example, I didn't mess with the welts at all, as I feel they look much better with a suit without contrasting welt threads.
Clean and dry. Very dry. If I had some tan leather dye on hand I would use it, but I do not, so I'm going to skip that step and apply a couple rounds of Lexol now. The result will be a tad more "antique" than is my standard practice, but whatever. It's the toe of the right shoe that I brushed a little too hard when cleaning. I figure this pair will work well for an autumn casual look, i.e., Levi's or brown/grey flannel trousers and an olive/tan/brown tweed sport coat, or something like that. I suppose I can still dye them in the future.

Attachments

• NP.jpg
    NP.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 33
  • ND4.jpg
    ND4.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 24
  • ND3.jpg
    ND3.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 22
  • ND2.jpg
    ND2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 18
  • ND1.jpg
    ND1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 18

Satoman1

Reaction score
On my The Saxon by Florsheim 21737

00000IMG_00000_BURST20230502235821582_COVER~2.jpg

lullemans72

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply. If you click on my user name in the quoted post it will take you to the original post where the original pictures are posted. For some reason they weren't included here.
Hi again guys, I'm bumping this before it gets hidden behind all the new posts. I would really appreciate some advice from someone on this.

Satoman1

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply. If you click on my user name in the quoted post it will take you to the original post where the original pictures are posted. For some reason they weren't included here.

IDK if this is the problem, hard to tell from the pic but this video might help.

I've had the same problem few times and the only way to fix it is clean all the cream/wax with Renomat and start all over again. Especially on my pair of Paraboot one side can't achieve mirror shine no matter how hard I try and the other side still does easily. I guess that's the leather problem.

Last edited:

Bopper

Reaction score

IDK if this is the problem, hard to tell from the pic but this video might help.

I've had the same problem few times and the only way to fix it is clean all the cream/wax with Renomat and start all over again. Especially on my pair of Paraboot one side can't achieve mirror shine no matter how hard I try and the other side still does easily. I guess that's the leather problem.

On my The Saxon by Florsheim 21737

View attachment 1950759
Is that bull hide?

Satoman1

Reaction score
Is that bull hide?
I believe it's same leather with Beacon model, they calls that leather Walnut Calf. Florsheim has a unique name for each leather type they use, so it's difficult to know what they actually are.

This is the only photo I can find that looks exactly like mine pair. But it's printed Bucknell in the insole, not The Saxon. Maybe this model is a custom-made model for certain stores or schools, sports teams...
image.jpg

suitforcourt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum pals. Congrats to @Vincent George on his Florsheim PTB pick up. I love connecting people with shoes. It is nearly as fun as buying a pair and easier on my wallet. Today, I noticed this pair of Mason Imperial LWB on the shelf and I knew I have not worn them in quite some time. They are very deep chocolate in color, basically cigar.

View attachment 1950587

For some reason, I thought you sold this pair. I'm glad my memory is wrong.

AHS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found a nice pair of deadstock made in Ireland Stacy Adams longwings. 10.5 D. Anyone want them before I throw them up on eBay? Not looking for much $ … but I thought someone here would appreciate them. Send me a pm.

Thanks, AHS

UPDATE: SHOES HAVE BEEN CLAIMED BY A THREAD MEMBER. THANKS!

IMG_9025.jpeg
IMG_9026.jpeg
IMG_9027.jpeg
IMG_9028.jpeg

Last edited:

friendlygoz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AE Westgate wholecuts with a “meh” museum patina by yours
IMG_3561.jpeg
IMG_3562.jpeg
truly. I may strip them and try the patina again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads