• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's big news, if not really surprising that games would go this direction. Gamefly looks to be out of a business model now.

My brother just texted me that he played TrumpSC in Hearthstone a short while ago and won pretty easily. He's gonna find the vid later when Trump posts it.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I just want to be able to play my ps3 discs in my ps4 so I can sell my ps3 or move it into another room. WTF.

Neither console can do backwards compatibility. This new streaming service is the closest you will get. Personally, I would just hang onto the PS3 if you already own one unless you really need to free up some funds.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I´ve got a ps4 coming up. I know there aren´t that many games out yet (i´m mostly waiting for Infamous second son) but I want to have something to play in the meantime, though my ps3 is giving me lots of fun lately. I´m more inclined to getting AC 4, since that´s my type of game generally. i´m not a big FPS fan but the ones out already, are they worth it if you´re much into those games?

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Neither console can do backwards compatibility. This new streaming service is the closest you will get. Personally, I would just hang onto the PS3 if you already own one unless you really need to free up some funds.

I don't need the funds I just don't want extra devices taking up space that could be occupied with other stuff. Also if I could use my PS4 for my remaining PS3 games I haven't finished, then I could move my PS3 into another room to function as a bluray/netflix/amazon device since its so much better and more responsive than ****** bluray players. First World Problem. :embar:

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well eventually Playstation Now will let you stream PS3 games. Until then you can either live without the older games on your main tv or buy a second console for your other room.

eddiemczee

Reaction score

I´ve got a ps4 coming up. I know there aren´t that many games out yet (i´m mostly waiting for Infamous second son) but I want to have something to play in the meantime, though my ps3 is giving me lots of fun lately. I´m more inclined to getting AC 4, since that´s my type of game generally. i´m not a big FPS fan but the ones out already, are they worth it if you´re much into those games?

I just beat COD Ghosts a few days ago and I thought the campaign was rather ho hum. There are a few spectacular missions that I really enjoyed and felt like they took advantage of the next gen hardware (most notably the night stealth mission, underwater mission, and both space missions), but it wasn't really my favorite of the series. I just got a copy of BF4, and so I'm looking forward to giving that a shot.

But honestly, AC IV is totally worth it and probably my favorite in the series since Brotherhood.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't kept up with TESO but received an invite for this weekend's stress test today (as did pretty much everyone who signed up for the beta). Just finished installing the client.

Last edited:

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind games like COD and Battlefield are all about the multiplayer, not the campaign. BF4 multiplayer is fun as hell, but the game is so ******* buggy it's infuriating.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recs. I think I´ll go ahead and get AC 4. Haven´t played any since Brotherhood and like I said, FPS don´t usually do much for me. Though I did enjoy Bioshock Infinite a lot, but that game a fantastic story and the floating city was amazing. I think I might check out some of the indie games that have been released.

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recs. I think I´ll go ahead and get AC 4. Haven´t played any since Brotherhood and like I said, FPS don´t usually do much for me. Though I did enjoy Bioshock Infinite a lot, but that game a fantastic story and the floating city was amazing. I think I might check out some of the indie games that have been released.

For indies, in no particular order, Stanley Parable, Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, To the Moon, Gone Home, The Swapper. A few are more "interactive story" than games, but all are amazing.

eddiemczee

Reaction score
Make sure to get Playstation Plus too. I finally did when I got PS4 and am wishing I signed up for this when they first started because my library of instant games would be massive by now. This monthy Bioshock Infinite, the new DMC, and Brothers are all free (all for PS3 of course). You can't beat that.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish those were available for consoles. My notebook can´t even handle "the stanley parable" :/

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Make sure to get Playstation Plus too. I finally did when I got PS4 and am wishing I signed up for this when they first started because my library of instant games would be massive by now. This monthy Bioshock Infinite, the new DMC, and Brothers are all free (all for PS3 of course). You can't beat that.

I´m planning on this. I had it free after the psn mess some years back and It was nice having lots of free games and discounts.

@whiteslashasian that looks like a good alternative so as not to shell out serious money on a big pc. And I´ve been wanting to play some of those indie games for a while.

Cool thing is I (finally) realized "brothers: a tale of two sons" is on psn. Currently downloading it :)

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LanaBurrell