• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Video Games

brimley

Reaction score
Dragon Age 2 preorder shipped from Amazon yesterday, should be here today. I can't remember the last time I paid for a PC game but I enjoyed DA:O so much I thought I'd vote with the wallet.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by delakingois
Vid from BF3 out, and it looks insane.
worship.gif

http://www.fz.se/filmer/20110302/bat...-part-of-town/

Yea it looks absolutely insane. The graphics are like watching a movie.

airblaster503

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AR_Six
Whenever someone plays the new dragon age let me know how it is. Get the feeling the first one is going to take me til at least summer.

Same here, I finally decided to restart after getting my character stuck in the tower of mages
frown.gif
New one looks nice though, hopefully they cut down on some of the cut scenes. I have to many games I have bought recently that I am waiting to play, by the time I get around to DA2 Skyrim will probably be out and it will be on the backburner once again.

Shift

Reaction score
^^took me two tries to get into the first. first time round i just thought it was slow and lengthy but after i picked it up again i can't put it down

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I haven't played my PS3 in probably 5 months, so seriously considering selling it. I dunno what to do.
confused.gif

I haven't touched my PS3 in well north of a year, and maybe even two. It r teh sux. Literally the only reason I am holding onto it is the strange and increasingly wild hope that Square rereleases some classic titles like Xenogears on it. For whatever reason, Square seems scared of the XBox. Until they get over their fear, I'm stuck with a really bulky and unattractive dust magnet in my PS3. Of my XBox, PS3, and Wii, I'd say the XBox gets about 95% of the attetion. The extra 5% goes to classic or interesting gaming on Wii Virtual Console / WiiWare.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Don Carlos
I haven't touched my PS3 in well north of a year, and maybe even two. It r teh sux. Literally the only reason I am holding onto it is the strange and increasingly wild hope that Square rereleases some classic titles like Xenogears on it. For whatever reason, Square seems scared of the XBox. Until they get over their fear, I'm stuck with a really bulky and unattractive dust magnet in my PS3.

Demon's Souls.

Xenogears is getting released on PSN soon. So you can dust off your sux box.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've picked up Rift on Sunday, spontaneously bought it as a download. Well, I'm only lvl 12 now but so far it's fun. Yesterday night there was an invasion of water-rift stuff and there were appr. 80 people in the zone zerging around and killing stuff. The public group system works perfect, people really contributed (there were always people healing and tanking voluntarily) and I've had a blast.

The class system (4 classes with 8 souls [basically talent trees] each out of which you can choose 3) is a lot of fun and I can see how you can spend way too much time theorycrafting about skill sets. Right now I play a Bahmi Cleric (Justicar / Shaman / Sentinel) but I want to buy another slot so I can try something more offense oriented (Shaman / Inquisitor / Justicar ? )

Didn't do any PvP so far.

brimley

Reaction score
DA2 is good so far. Character development is a lot more interesting, each character has a unique branch and there are a lot more compelling decisions to make as far as I can tell. Difficulty seems reduced, but that may just be because all the AOE spells automatically ignore party members now. I miss the unique origin stories from the first one, those were fun. Story is less compelling so far but there's still time.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
I dont get minecraft's appeal

Originally Posted by Nananine
You hit things and things you can build with come out. The appeal is somewhat similar to legos, only it's very dangerous and you can lose everything at a moment's notice.

This, pretty much.

Except imagine also that the lego blocks have various functions and properties and can be combined into entirely new legos with new functions and properties.

Building stuff is alright, but engineering mechanisms in the game is way more interesting. My roommate and I just finished building a complex that essentially uses water flow to funnel enemies into death traps and collect the loot. You can also build other stuff like cannons, even simple circuits, it just depends on what your willing to design. And while on paper the concepts are fairly simplistic, due to scale and the simplicity of the game itself, projects can become pretty complicated and neat to figure out/tinker around with.

Manny Calavera

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Work is "slow" (read: nonexistent) so I've been spending good chunks of my day on Steam. Add Mothlight if you're interested in getting scouted in CS: Source... also wanting to get into L4D2 now that all the classic maps are being ported over. Oh, and TF2 is always good.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigie36