• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viccel.com socks

lysandar

Reaction score
Having bought, worn, washed and re-worn my initial 8 pairs, I must say that viccel is good value for money. I haven't had problems with stretching, them winter weights still wear good. Most of the darker shades (blue, red, green and there's a mustard colored one, can't recall the name) are easy to match. I have the same problem as lachyzee with the baby pink (as well as a baby blue) - less muted than what I thought it'd be.

My only other minor gripe is the scratchiness of the hem - occasionally feels like a burnt ring of plastic stretched around my upper calf/knee area. Obviously I don't have this problem with my mazerins, marcolianis etc. etc. But then again, I pay alot more for those, and so I can't fault and should instead applaud viccel for providing a decent, well-priced product with a good range of colors to choose from.

david3558

Reaction score
Just how much thicker are those winter weight socks? I certainly prefer a sock that isn't super thin, or sheerlike. Most of the socks I wear are those colored Uniqlo ones.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I only have the winter weight, and I love them Of course, it depens on the climate present where you live - I reside in Norway so I can wear these all seasons.

UncleCozy

Reaction score
I also only have WW, but they really don't live up to their "winter" name. Too thin during the coldest of winters, too warm for the warmest of summers, but really a 3-4 season sock for most locations SF'ers are to be found in.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, of course, they aren't wool so they're not ideal in -20C, but for what can be expected from cotton I think they have an excellent P/V.

calidist

Reaction score
To echo some other posts, I initially ordered 6 pairs of mid-calfs in both summer and winter weight. I definitely prefer the winter weight. The summer weight is extremely fine. I was disappointed that the mid-calfs did slip down during wear, though not as bad as many other brands. Kemal was nice enough to send me a pair of winter weight OTC in a half size smaller (per my request). I am extremely impressed with the OTCs, they are perfect. I never have been an OTC sorta guy but I'm a convert now. The half size down seems to fit me better through three wears.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After receiving my OTC from Viccel a couple of weeks ago I converted fully to OTC, they are indeed magnificently comfortable.

tailoredstuff

Reaction score
After multiple washes and re wears.... its safe to assume the OTC winter weight / summer and superfine are fine indeed!

Have just put down another order for winter weight and summer weight OTC!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads