• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg x Styleforum GMTO - Round one for 2017

Which (full dsecription below) would you BUY (please do not vote unless you intend to puchase)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JinboSlice

Reaction score
So I've lurked for a long time but I made an account to put myself down for Option 5. I can send any verification needed that I am serious about purchasing. Thanks.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy , can we put a time stamp on this voting and payments to keep this trucking along?

I would suggest we close voting EOD Monday, and make payments due EOD Thursday? I'm sure the successful builds would like to get them this fall. I know your slammed so it up to you, just wanted to keep the train rolling.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@LA Guy , can we put a time stamp on this voting and payments to keep this trucking along?

I would suggest we close voting EOD Monday, and make payments due EOD Thursday? I'm sure the successful builds would like to get them this fall. I know your slammed so it up to you, just wanted to keep the train rolling.
I agree with you on the timeline. Some home (non-forum) related emergencies popped up, and are monopolizing my time right now, but I'll try to make this happen.

Sorry for the delays. guys, really.

Cheers,

Fok.

trevorplease

Reaction score
Can someone answer some questions for me?

Having trouble picturing the 2030 navy inferno scout.
Is "stacked leather midsole, leather midsole and wedge heel, leather wedge"
all the same thing? It'll look like 3sixteens 2040 service boots w/mini ripple?
will tongue be at least partially gusseted?

payment due in full this coming thursday? how much are these make ups? i skimmed the thread and don't see anything on pricing for any make ups

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well the enthusiasm, and general chit chat over this thread has really waned this season, which is too bad, but it is what it is.

Looks like the Navy RO Scout can proceed forward.

It also may be worth 1 last call on the slipper and service boot for an additional day. Trim the herd to 3 makeups?

The rest don't seem to have enough interest to go forward. :(

Can someone answer some questions for me?

Having trouble picturing the 2030 navy inferno scout.
Is "stacked leather midsole, leather midsole and wedge heel, leather wedge"
all the same thing? It'll look like 3sixteens 2040 service boots w/mini ripple?
will tongue be at least partially gusseted?

payment due in full this coming thursday? how much are these make ups? i skimmed the thread and don't see anything on pricing for any make ups

@LA Guy will have to provide pricing, but I would assume you can base it on what Viberg sells a similar model on their website for. Sometimes these SF makeups are even a bit less.

As far as I understand it, it will have the stacked leather midsole, which creates a thicker "wedge" moving towards the heel of the boot. Just like the 3Sixteen models. In terms of the tongue, no idea.
And you didn't kill it, it was dead a few weeks ago...

@LA Guy will have to get back to you guys on how to move this forward.

Maybe next round will be more successful.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well the enthusiasm, and general chit chat over this thread has really waned this season, which is too bad, but it is what it is.

Looks like the Navy RO Scout can proceed forward.

It also may be worth 1 last call on the slipper and service boot for an additional day. Trim the herd to 3 makeups?

The rest don't seem to have enough interest to go forward. :(

@LA Guy will have to provide pricing, but I would assume you can base it on what Viberg sells a similar model on their website for. Sometimes these SF makeups are even a bit less.

As far as I understand it, it will have the stacked leather midsole, which creates a thicker "wedge" moving towards the heel of the boot. Just like the 3Sixteen models. In terms of the tongue, no idea.
And you didn't kill it, it was dead a few weeks ago...

@LA Guy will have to get back to you guys on how to move this forward.

Maybe next round will be more successful.

The stacked leather midsole does not result in a thicker sole per se, but in a sole with no foam wedge, but with a cool looking leather wedge instead.

The pricing we still have to figure out, but it always includes shipping worldwide, and typically, nearly always comes to under what you could, if you could get them, the same or lower than what they are sold for at viberg.com

We'll trim to three models and put them up for sale. Sorry, it's been nuts. Apart from it being my birthday, we have a mice problem here, and the house is being painted, and I am getting pulled about 100 different ways. The joys of my life.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Voting closes tomorrow night, 3 finalized makeups remain! Payment link with pricing will be available shortly.

1) Model: Slipper NEED 1 MORE TO PROCEED
Last: 40218
Leather: Fango Horsehide (Maryam)
Construction: Goodyear welt, channeled insole
Sole: Leather midsole and wedge heel, white Vibram Mini Ripple outsole
Eyelets: N/A
Toe: Unstructured (standard Slipper construction)

4) Model: Service boot GOOD TO GMTO (7 CONFIRMED)
Last: 2045
Leather: Dark tan horse butt (Italy)
Construction: Stitchdown
Sole: Vibram heel with double leather sole
Eyelets: 7 eyelets- Antique Brass
Toebox: plain toe structured toe box
Notes: Non Contrast gusseted tongue- Smooth side, Pull tabs

5) Model: Scout boot - GOOD TO GMTO (8 CONFIRMED)
Last: 2030
Leather: Navy Inferno Roughout
Construction: Stitchdown
Sole: Leather wedge w/ white Vibram mini-ripple
Eyelets: 7 eyelets- nickel
Toe: Plain toe, unstructured
Notes: Navy tongue, leather rolled around top opening, pull tab present

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads