• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforummarket makeup: Wax flesh Service Boot

afranzheim

Reaction score
As shown on Viberg's FB page:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw that wonder if he will post any pics first

I hope so

I definitely will. Just cracked open the first box to take a look. They look great. The leather is a dark, dark, brown, that has a slightly rough feel, that will definitely wear down to a lighter, brighter, brown, with wear.

This time, Viberg did not ship us the external boxes, which they have in the past. I've actually just ordered a ton crap of boxes to be overnighted, so we can get these out tomorrow. Unfortunately, unless we want to ruin the nice Viberg boxes, we are just going to have to wait one extra day to get these babies out. Will also give me time to photograph a pair.

So stoked to get these to you guys.

Cheers,

Fok.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sweet! They look awesome!

Those big Viberg boxes in the back are cool. What do they hold, like 5 pairs or so?

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look almost black. It's going to be awesome to see how they lighten, especially in the places where it's accelerated where the wax gets worn off. Pretty stoked.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Firstly, thanks, Fok, for posting the pics. Just fuels the eager anticipation!

Secondly, question for those on this MTO. Does anyone plan to NOT use trees on these boots. Does anyone deliberately NOT use trees on any Vibergs?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Firstly, thanks, Fok, for posting the pics. Just fuels the eager anticipation!

Secondly, question for those on this MTO. Does anyone plan to NOT use trees on these boots. Does anyone deliberately NOT use trees on any Vibergs?
I never do. The unconstructed toe looks good as it is used and flattens out, imo. These are not "dress" shoes.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I never do. The unconstructed toe looks good as it is used and flattens out, imo. These are not "dress" shoes.

Thanks. Interesting, I now need to get over the idea that not using trees is heresy in shoe care.

rolling green

Reaction score
Thanks fok! Boots look awesome. Love the pull loop and the commando sole matches perfectly for this makeup!!!
Never thought to ask but what kind of tongue did viberg go with? Hope it's a softer thinner leather than the flesh.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads