• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforum HoF GMTO - The Hopper Boot ORDER NOW

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: sizing.

Just to add my experience, I'm size 9D on Brannock and wear size 8 across 2030/2040/2045. I'm planing to stick with same size for Hopper.

Note: Alden Barrie/TB is 8.5D for me.

Last edited:

Broark

Reaction score
After much internal debate I'm going with the 11.5, since my Indy boots in size 11.5 have a bit of room in the length.
Order placed!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Raneleigh

Reaction score
Fok, any chance I could put a note on my Hopper order for a blocked off heel instead of curved heel? Do you think that's possible? If not, I understand.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fok, any chance I could put a note on my Hopper order for a blocked off heel instead of curved heel? Do you think that's possible? If not, I understand.
Sorry, we can't really do one off things like that. It messes up the production line, which is calibrated to do many pairs of the same thing...

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have to say I love the curved/cuban style heel, it really is easier to walk in.

joshlai

Reaction score
Fok,

In addition to the Hopper Boot, do you plan to add other styles for this GMTO round? I hope a 310 last Viberg boot will be available for GMTO in the near future. :slayer:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fok,

In addition to the Hopper Boot, do you plan to add other styles for this GMTO round? I hope a 310 last Viberg boot will be available for GMTO in the near future.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
We are just doing the Hopper boot this round. We'll see about the 310 lasted boot. It doesn't fit with what we've been doing so far, and any initiative to have one done has always died on the vine...

Graemsay

Reaction score
I've got a pair of the Sleek Hunter Styleforum x Viberg Scout boots on the 2030 last, and a pair of the Hoppers on the 205. Both are in a (Viberg) size 13. For reference, I'm typically a UK 13, US 14, or EU 48. I don't own any Aldens, so I can't do a comparison with them. :)

The 2030 is a narrower fit than the 205. I wear the Scout boots with a thin sock, and they're fine. The Hoppers tend to slip around a bit with normal socks, but going for a thick pair makes them a lot more comfortable. I only found that out yesterday...

The 2030 is a bit longer, but I think that the 205 is mostly fine. The toe on the Hoppers turns in just slightly, and there's a light pressure against the corner of my big toe. It's not uncomfortable, and I don't really notice it much. I regularly walk five or six miles in them without any discomfort or blisters, so I think that there's enough give to avoid problems.

Would it have made sense to upsize? I'm not sure. The next size up is a 14, and I think that they would have been too big. Going up half might not be a problem, but Viberg's advice seems to be to take the same size in all lasts.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got a pair of the Sleek Hunter Styleforum x Viberg Scout boots on the 2030 last, and a pair of the Hoppers on the 205. Both are in a (Viberg) size 13. For reference, I'm typically a UK 13, US 14, or EU 48. I don't own any Aldens, so I can't do a comparison with them. :) The 2030 is a narrower fit than the 205. I wear the Scout boots with a thin sock, and they're fine. The Hoppers tend to slip around a bit with normal socks, but going for a thick pair makes them a lot more comfortable. I only found that out yesterday... The 2030 is a bit longer, but I think that the 205 is mostly fine. The toe on the Hoppers turns in just slightly, and there's a light pressure against the corner of my big toe. It's not uncomfortable, and I don't really notice it much. I regularly walk five or six miles in them without any discomfort or blisters, so I think that there's enough give to avoid problems. Would it have made sense to upsize? I'm not sure. The next size up is a 14, and I think that they would have been too big. Going up half might not be a problem, but Viberg's advice seems to be to take the same size in all lasts.
does the toe turn more or less than the 2030. i had that toe pressure on all my 2030 boots and i couldnt stand it.

Graemsay

Reaction score
I'd say it turns in a little more, but the toe box is wider. So it's probably not much different overall. I haven't found it a problem, but I sometimes notice it when I put them on.

You could possibly go up half a size to alleviate it. Might be worth emailing Drew at Viberg to ask.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads