• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders available now until August 16.

BatmanFactory

Reaction score
So, for those people now voting for the variant, there is no guarantee that your makeup will make the top 4, or even 5. I'm allowing these write in votes against my better judgement, but I do want to give you guys a chance. However, the difference is that because you guys DID, as it was piinted out, have a few weeks to speak up and further your cause, your votes will NOT be refunded, whether or not your variant makeups go ahead. If they do not, you may still put your money towards another makeup (and you still get the 2 for 1 credit), but you will NOT be refunded, out of fairness to everyone else in the process who did things in a timely fashion, and to me, because this just makes administering this program so much harder.

But yes, if the variant makeups go ahead, people who DID NOT vote for them can still buy them. This does create a type of prisoners dilemma for your variant people, because there is a temptation to hold back, for fear of throwing $20 into the wind. I can easily see a scenario in which, say, there are 8 people who want the variant, but only 5 vote for it. At the end of the day, 5 is not enough to make the cut, so those 5 people have bought me a dinner date. If all 8 had voted, the makeup would have gone ahead, and your guys all would have had $40 credit each, for your $20, to boot. So I would very much encourage you guys to really get out the vote. I encourage EVERYONE to get out the vote, but your guys will actually have money on the line.

Cool, this sounds very fair. Again, I really appreciate you giving the last minute opportunity.

stickydonk

Reaction score
So, for those people now voting for the variant, there is no guarantee that your makeup will make the top 4, or even 5. I'm allowing these write in votes against my better judgement, but I do want to give you guys a chance. However, the difference is that because you guys DID, as it was piinted out, have a few weeks to speak up and further your cause, your votes will NOT be refunded, whether or not your variant makeups go ahead. If they do not, you may still put your money towards another makeup (and you still get the 2 for 1 credit), but you will NOT be refunded, out of fairness to everyone else in the process who did things in a timely fashion, and to me, because this just makes administering this program so much harder.

But yes, if the variant makeups go ahead, people who DID NOT vote for them can still buy them. This does create a type of prisoners dilemma for your variant people, because there is a temptation to hold back, for fear of throwing $20 into the wind. I can easily see a scenario in which, say, there are 8 people who want the variant, but only 5 vote for it. At the end of the day, 5 is not enough to make the cut, so those 5 people have bought me a dinner date. If all 8 had voted, the makeup would have gone ahead, and your guys all would have had $40 credit each, for your $20, to boot. So I would very much encourage you guys to really get out the vote. I encourage EVERYONE to get out the vote, but your guys will actually have money on the line.

$20 per vote is too little. I believe votes should be $50. It'll make people more invested and think more clearly about the make-ups they choose to vote for. Considering I'm a rule follower @LA Guy that's my suggestion for future GMTOs.

jp2k1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BatmanFactory View Post

I gotchu! ;)

Gandalf 2.0 Boot WITHOUT PULL-TAB:

1) @BatmanFactory

2) @jfclarky

3) @phxaz

4) @Aviv

5) @mayb10

6) @jp2k1

[please quote and add your own name to the list]

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BatmanFactory View Post

I gotchu!
wink.gif

Gandalf 2.0 Boot WITHOUT PULL-TAB:

1) @BatmanFactory

2) @jfclarky

3) @phxaz

4) @Aviv

5) @mayb10

6) @jp2k1

[please quote and add your own name to the list]
You guys do realize that unless you vote and put in the note, that this list counts for nothing, right? As always, it's important to put money where your mouth is.

BatmanFactory

Reaction score
You guys do realize that unless you vote and put in the note, that this list counts for nothing, right? As always, it's important to put money where your mouth is.

Thanks for the reminder, Fok.

Your phrasing here had me concerned for a second, so just to be 100% clear: we include the note in the order stage upon purchasing the Gandalf boot? At the end of the voting stage will you be able to provide an estimate of how many variant orders will be needed for it to go through?

Thanks again.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reminder, Fok.

Your phrasing here had me concerned for a second, so just to be 100% clear: we include the note in the order stage upon purchasing the Gandalf boot? At the end of the voting stage will you be able to provide an estimate of how many variant orders will be needed for it to go through?

Thanks again.
Hey man,

No, you need to put in the note at the voting stage. If there are not enough commitments for the variant at the voting stage, the variants will not go through. Since these are last minute, ad hoc, changes, there is an additional burden (the possibility of just flushing $20 into Styleforum coffers) that is not there for the people voting normally.

So, just to be clear, I'll outline it in steps.
1) If you want the variant, you need to put the note down in your VOTE order (remember, I can't necessarily make a irl name to your username).
2) If there are enough requests for the variant, it will go through as an additional makeup.
3) If there are not, you willingly forfeit your VOTE money (this last step is not the same as for people not voting for the variant.

I think that that should clarify things.

Cheers.

Fok.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are asking how to put a note in your order. There is a field in the order. If you forgot to do so, you can log into your account and leave a message under that specific order. A lot of people have done this before, so maybe someone can chime in, maybe with some screenshots. I am on the road for a few days, so unfortunately, I can't really show you the steps to do this right now (I am really terrible at using the styleforummarket.com site on mobile.)

Also, since I am on the road, and the BigCommerce for mobile essentially has no administrative tools, I can't edit your order. Sorry, just technically impossible. Trying to make things as simple as possible, and avoid the logistical bind some other people have put themselves into.

Cheers,

Fok.

Last edited:

BatmanFactory

Reaction score
Hey man,

No, you need to put in the note at the voting stage. If there are not enough commitments for the variant at the voting stage, the variants will not go through. Since these are last minute, ad hoc, changes, there is an additional burden (the possibility of just flushing $20 into Styleforum coffers) that is not there for the people voting normally.

So, just to be clear, I'll outline it in steps.
1) If you want the variant, you need to put the note down in your VOTE order (remember, I can't necessarily make a irl name to your username).
2) If there are enough requests for the variant, it will go through as an additional makeup.
3) If there are not, you willingly forfeit your VOTE money (this last step is not the same as for people not voting for the variant.

I think that that should clarify things.

Cheers.

Fok.

People are asking how to put a note in your order. There is a field in the order. If you forgot to do so, you can log into your account and leave a message under that specific order. A lot of people have done this before, so maybe someone can chime in, maybe with some screenshots. I am on the road for a few days, so unfortunately, I can't really show you the steps to do this right now (I am really terrible at using the styleforummarket.com site on mobile.)

Also, since I am on the road, and the BigCommerce for mobile essentially has no administrative tools, I can't edit your order. Sorry, just technically impossible. Trying to make things as simple as possible, and avoid the logistical bind some other people have put themselves into.

Cheers,

Fok.

Got it! I'm glad we cleared that misunderstanding up. I'll put together an imgur play-by-play and post it here/send it to the list.

But one quick clarification before I circulate anything (I swear this is the last one)
As far as I could tell the only way to re-open the pre-order I had already placed was to click "reorder" and now it shows me having two orders (one with the note and one without) will the old duplicate order be cancelled by the system?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it! I'm glad we cleared that misunderstanding up. I'll put together an imgur play-by-play and post it here/send it to the list.

But one quick clarification before I circulate anything (I swear this is the last one)
As far as I could tell the only way to re-open the pre-order I had already placed was to click "reorder" and now it shows me having two orders (one with the note and one without) will the old duplicate order be cancelled by the system?
Er.. not sure, but if you email styleforummarket, I'll clear that up on Monday.

Happy voting, and may we make some awesome boots!

Cheers,

Fok,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads