• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

motojobobo

Reaction score
4 year old country derby on brown waxed flesh bought online from 14 oz. My most used Viberg amongst four boots. They are tanks and took quite a bit of wear to fully break in as the waxed flesh is super thick and stiff. I’ve never conditioned them and all I do for them is a brushing perhaps once a month. Some parts, especially mid vamp under the ankles, still have the original wax film quite intact; while the heavy flexing areas quickly wore out the wax and show a vigorous roughout hairy finish. Beautiful, lifetime boots. If you ever felt drawn to Viberg waxed flesh boots...do it, we all need a waxed flesh pair on foot, Any color!
4346461F-39DD-4E54-BE8C-04B60842491F.jpeg

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got them today, on my first try on, they seem slightly tighter than my 2030. They still fit though, but definitely more snug. Unfortunately, even my pair had some kind of defect in the leather:...

Damn! WTH Viberg? Mine is on the inside so it doesn’t stand out as much, but yours is on the outside, right?

I’ve contacted Miloh Shop but no resolution yet.

trevorplease

Reaction score
Looks like a proper fit to me.
@trevorplease the quarters look pretty far apart as is. sizing down might mean an even more pronounced lacing distance. And all you're saying sounds ok. I think you got it.

Thanks guys for the input.
I think the quarters are farther than usual because in general I don't like lacing tight/choking my feet. As I wear it now with light cushioned darn tough socks there is a very slight movement of my foot in the boot and it goes away with medium cushioned ones.

I ask because I never experienced the ridiculous bloody foot break-in that some of you guys have mentioned

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm going to say it @caffed: That's my favorite Viberg makeup I've seen thus far...ever. Wow.

I saw Viberg's own Service Boot Oiled Natural Horsebutt, but not until they were out of my size. I wrote them asking if there was any chance to nab one my size, and they kindly (and not at all surprisingly) said no. This was the one on their site (it's gone now):

View attachment 1260324

For my tastes, yours tops that one. I'm partial to wingtips and cap toes, but it was the leather that drew me to the boot pictured immediately above. But your cap toe, the pinking, the leather...yeah, you just posted what has to be one of my dream boots. That one wasn't offered in my size (Viberg 6.5).

Congratulations, caffed! I hope one day Viberg (who does offer 6.5) offers something with similar leather and details.

In the meantime, I'm looking pretty seriously at Viberg's Peanut Kudu makeup from the latest drop.
Thank you! Yes I’m super psyched about these as the pattern is awesome and I prefer DL soles in general.

I waited too long for the service boot as I wasn’t sure about the last And then they were out. I’m glad I did.

I hope there are more releases like this in the future.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
Thank you! Yes I’m super psyched about these as the pattern is awesome and I prefer DL soles in general.

I waited too long for the service boot as I wasn’t sure about the last And then they were out. I’m glad I did.

I hope there are more releases like this in the future.

I'm more of a rubber sole guy, but for that makeup I'd have gladly worn those leather soles out and then perhaps Ridgeway'd them later. Again, wow, what a makeup you've got there.

As a consolation prize, I just ordered the Peanut Kudu...

...and they'll have to do. :)

I'm actually excited by these, as I briefly had some Tricker's caramel kudu Stows, but they didn't fit, and the proper size was sold out. I've wanted kudu since, thought I'd wait for some Tricker's kudu makeup I'd like as much, but I'll go with these kudu Vibergs for now.

As for soles, I do wish they had Ridgeway instead of Dainite. I've been wearing the Shinki teacore horsebutt boots, and I really like the Ridgeway soles so far. I wonder why Ridgeway isn't use more often?

Last edited:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm more of a rubber sole guy, but for that makeup I'd have gladly worn those leather soles out and then perhaps Ridgeway'd them later. Again, wow, what a makeup you've got there.

As a consolation prize, I just ordered the Peanut Kudu...

View attachment 1260391

...and they'll have to do. :)

I'm actually excited by these, as I briefly had some Tricker's caramel kudu Stows, but they didn't fit, and the proper size was sold out. I've wanted kudu since, thought I'd wait for some Tricker's kudu makeup I'd like as much, but I'll go with these kudu Vibergs for now.

As for soles, I do wish they had Ridgeway instead of Dainite. I've been wearing the Shinki teacore horsebutt boots, and I really like the Ridgeway soles so far. I wonder why Ridgeway isn't use more often?
I put Vibram Richards half soles on all of my DL shoes. That way I get the best of both worlds - comfort and durability. Dainite Ridgeway is great as it’s thicker than the Dainite Studded soles. Viberg is putting it on more of the shoes which is great. Ridgeway is more casual/rugged than Studded. I think that’s the main reason for having one over the other.

I have a couple pair of Kudu boots and really like it as well. The ‘Beaver Fur’ looks interesting to me as I’ve never seen Kudu that color anywhere else. I don’t have unlined ones so the Peanut ones must be super soft and comfortable.

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
I put Vibram Richards half soles on all of my DL shoes. That way I get the best of both worlds - comfort and durability. Dainite Ridgeway is great as it’s thicker than the Dainite Studded soles. Viberg is putting it on more of the shoes which is great. Ridgeway is more casual/rugged than Studded. I think that’s the main reason for having one over the other.

I have a couple pair of Kudu boots and really like it as well. The ‘Beaver Fur’ looks interesting to me as I’ve never seen Kudu that color anywhere else. I don’t have unlined ones so the Peanut ones must be super soft and comfortable.

Truman has made beaver fur in the past, but yes otherwise it is a nice variant of the kudu family.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
where did you order you snuff Indys?

They just restocked a bunch of sizes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads