• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vincentkd88

Reaction score
Is that the bone chamois? Knock the **** out of them

Yes, sir they are. And I most certainly will.

That being said, is it necessary to even treat them with the spray? I don't have any experience with bone chamois, or any chamois for that matter. I did some "research" online, but wasn't able to find anything concrete. Are they suede? Nubuck?

Forgive my ignorance.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That being said, is it necessary to even treat them with the spray? I don't have any experience with bone chamois, or any chamois for that matter. I did some "research" online, but wasn't able to find anything concrete. Are they suede? Nubuck?

Forgive my ignorance.
I've never bothered to treat chamois.

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forgive my ignorance.
It's an oiled nubuck. Most of the pairs I've got are the reverse which require very little upkeep. For smooth side probably go with bick 4 for conditioning if needed.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Forgive my ignorance.
Chamois is oiled/oil tanned so conditioning is not required for some time, if at all.

I have both reverse and smooth and just give it a soft brushing after wear

One thing is for certain, expect them to change color quickly. Chamois patinas quicker than any other shoe leather I have.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@trevorplease the quarters look pretty far apart as is. sizing down might mean an even more pronounced lacing distance. And all you're saying sounds ok. I think you got it.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They arrived!

Division Road x Viberg Shinki Oiled Color 4 Horsebutt Shelby.

Very nice makeup with great finishing.
I love the leather.

Last edited:

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Anyone have pics of bone chamois with some decent wear?
The Magazine actually does

Look at the coloration on the vamp.

vincentkd88

Reaction score
I've never bothered to treat chamois.
It's an oiled nubuck. Most of the pairs I've got are the reverse which require very little upkeep. For smooth side probably go with bick 4 for conditioning if needed.
I think it's sanded & waxed. Regardless I'd not treat it with anything.
Chamois is oiled/oil tanned so conditioning is not required for some time, if at all.

I have both reverse and smooth and just give it a soft brushing after wear

One thing is for certain, expect them to change color quickly. Chamois patinas quicker than any other shoe leather I have.

Thanks for all the information! Looks like I'll skip out on treating these then. Looking forward to see how they change over time.

Cityplace

Reaction score
Anyone else received their Miloh's snuff suede side zips and can comments on 2050 last sizing vs 2030?
Just got them today, on my first try on, they seem slightly tighter than my 2030. They still fit though, but definitely more snug. Unfortunately, even my pair had some kind of defect in the leather:...

Attachments

• B8AFF201-37AF-4184-885C-F1FCAF818E8C.jpeg
    B8AFF201-37AF-4184-885C-F1FCAF818E8C.jpeg
    228.5 KB · Views: 45

Cityplace

Reaction score
These shipped from Miloh Shop. I think their CS is great, very responsive. But it's a small operation. I'm not holding it against MS. This shouldn't have left the factory this way, in my opinion.

It seems like, anecdotally, Viberg's view is "get away with as many flaws as possible-the burden is on the customer to make a claim".
Can I ask what happened? My pair has an issue too.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
They arrived!

Division Road x Viberg Shinki Oiled Color 4 Horsebutt Shelby.

Very nice makeup with great finishing.
I love the leather.

View attachment 1260244
View attachment 1260245
View attachment 1260246
View attachment 1260247

Okay, I'm going to say it @caffed: That's my favorite Viberg makeup I've seen thus far...ever. Wow.

I saw Viberg's own Service Boot Oiled Natural Horsebutt, but not until they were out of my size. I wrote them asking if there was any chance to nab one my size, and they kindly (and not at all surprisingly) said no. This was the one on their site (it's gone now):

Viberg Service Boot Oiled Natural Horsebutt.jpg

For my tastes, yours tops that one. I'm partial to wingtips and cap toes, but it was the leather that drew me to the boot pictured immediately above. But your cap toe, the pinking, the leather...yeah, you just posted what has to be one of my dream boots. That one wasn't offered in my size (Viberg 6.5).

Congratulations, caffed! I hope one day Viberg (who does offer 6.5) offers something with similar leather and details.

In the meantime, I'm looking pretty seriously at Viberg's Peanut Kudu makeup from the latest drop. EDIT: ...which I just ordered. I'm weak.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads