• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you want me to bring in your size for the following confirmed make up.

Bourbon Horse Butt 1035 stitch down Service Boot with Tobacco Chamois Tongue. 7 Antique brass eyelets, antique midsole, ridgeway sole and unstructured toe.

Bourbon_HB_with_Tobacco_Chamois.JPG

Also am finalizing the details on a boot that will look somewhat like the following aka a boondocker in smoke kudu roughout.

yWR-6LaRQB4kbthrZDHpLiyvBMO6CpeIniDQsvguhkDh1xi19hD0dxeJ9W0G1ngsWq2ZIFmyKCt_bqhQHiQRsP72s8eCx2Gf69uxsWuoCZiagIPtDTB2tlCKrAyvWjygV95vIhwyOQ

where is the horse's butt from?

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yessir. Trying to figure out if the leather is too thin to be unlined. If that is the case it would have to be lined and would then technically become a service boot but with the boondocker pattern.

Liking this idea. Any last in mind? Would prefer an extra eyelet too.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me know if you want me to bring in your size for the following confirmed make up.

Bourbon Horse Butt 1035 stitch down Service Boot with Tobacco Chamois Tongue. 7 Antique brass eyelets, antique midsole, ridgeway sole and unstructured toe.

Bourbon_HB_with_Tobacco_Chamois.JPG

Also am finalizing the details on a boot that will look somewhat like the following aka a boondocker in smoke kudu roughout.

yWR-6LaRQB4kbthrZDHpLiyvBMO6CpeIniDQsvguhkDh1xi19hD0dxeJ9W0G1ngsWq2ZIFmyKCt_bqhQHiQRsP72s8eCx2Gf69uxsWuoCZiagIPtDTB2tlCKrAyvWjygV95vIhwyOQ

I’ll take a size 11 in the horse buttocks.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yessir. Trying to figure out if the leather is too thin to be unlined. If that is the case it would have to be lined and would then technically become a service boot but with the boondocker pattern.

If the smoke kudu is 2040 or 2045 I'll have to cut off my own fingers to keep myself from ordering

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn, all i can think about are those viberg sneakers after i saw them posted here.

I highly recommend especially since I hate that chunky dad trend show however the quality here is incredible. I wore them today too and they were exceptionally comfortable.

trevorplease

Reaction score

would also like to know if the kudu can be unlined. i think i saw shiboe on instagram with a lined midnight navy kudu roughout, but it can vary from different runs right

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those sneakers look really good. How is sizing relative to brannock and your 2030 last size?

Also, for those who purchased the Garnet 110s from TBB -- how did you find the 110 sizing? I have a few 110 vibergs and have found the fit inconsistent. In one case, going down a half size from my 2030 last (which is half down from brannock) worked well. In another case, the boots are a little short.

1/2 size down from 2030 works well for me on this pair. in general, I've had good fit with 1/2 down on the 110.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
would also like to know if the kudu can be unlined. i think i saw shiboe on instagram with a lined midnight navy kudu roughout, but it can vary from different runs right

I think the midnight kudu chukkas were unlined when Viberg released them. they were quite thin when I tried them on at the sample sale. I don't know if they would hold up as well as unlined CXL over time.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1/2 size down from 2030 works well for me on this pair. in general, I've had good fit with 1/2 down on the 110.
Thanks. That is my general view on sizing as well. I do have one pair of 110s that is a little short, but the others fit fine one half down from 2030.

asaa1000

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads