• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought them 2nd hand new about 50% off.
I’m not complaining either way.

This image from viberg made me think the claim was true.

Nice boots but they look more like horsehide than Reindeer. Viberg has released both versions in the past few years. Sorry. Not trying to ruin your Christmas or anything. Santa will be much happier if he catches you wearing those boots if they are horsehide.

7FF8BF60-BE52-41CD-9283-7A72985DD99A.jpeg

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

tylerB

Reaction score
Anyone happen to have a lead on a hiker or Pachena Bay in black? (leather or roughout...)
I'm looking for a (viberg) sz 9
Been scouring stockists, and unfortunately restock on Black Rubberized Pachena is delayed

Thank you gentlemen -
TB

tylerB

Reaction score
Last edited:

Raneleigh

Reaction score

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mocha is coming back this Friday for another preorder. Plus a mention of one more shell release before the end of the year

39D14FC6-B8FB-4DBA-9B11-D67E47467028.png

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some great looking boots popping up...Congrats to everyone and the new purchases. So great to see so many people into different styles, lasts, sole's etc...Been thinning the herd the last few weeks and this week will go for round #2...so painful but when so many great shoes/boots go unworn for so long...well time for new homes! I am going to wear each pair(not unworn ones) of similar color/style etc and just keep which fits the best..be it AE, Alden, EG, AS, Viberg, Truman...whoever...I feel sometimes I have kept MTO's and harder to get boots just because....well because I have them!

My last consideration will be to have a few pair that may get sole changes to make them more versatile. I never thought I would say having only 20-30 pairs of boots/shoes would be tough...LOL

kmadd

Reaction score
My Garnet 110s landed yesterday and these really are my grail boots. They look like a rich beautiful brown on their own, until they are placed next other brown boots, which just look flat and dull by comparison, which I never thought I'd say about mahogany shell. I love these boots and will likely be selling color 8 shell 2030 service boots as these 110s are what I really wanted all along.

They are still doing the wax/oil hazing thing to day, but image1.jpeg image1-1.jpeg

kmadd

Reaction score
My Garnet 110s landed yesterday and these really are my grail boots. They look like a rich beautiful brown on their own, until they are placed next other brown boots, which just look flat and dull by comparison, which I never thought I'd say about mahogany shell. I love these boots and will likely be selling color 8 shell 2030 service boots as these 110s are what I really wanted all along.

They are still doing the wax/oil hazing thing to day, but View attachment 1091857 View attachment 1091858
image2.jpeg

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are still doing the wax/oil hazing thing to day, but View attachment 1091857 View attachment 1091858

Unlined too? Nice

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
On Lucchese vs. Viberg, having owned 3 Luccheses and one pair of Vibergs, I like everything about Viberg's boots better except the last, which I think is miles better on the Luccheses.

For my feet, the Jonahs are a darn near perfect last that feels great out of the box and only gets better with wear...totally secure on the foot without feeling constraining. By comparison, the 2050 last managed to be both way too tight in some areas and way too loose in others, and even after I took way more time than I should've trying to break my pair in they merely went from unwearable to uncomfortable.

Lucchese leather is just barely good enough, the construction is thoroughly mediocre (while Viberg obviously has chosen some great leathers and has noticeably better construction), and the MSRP is higher, to boot. But at the end of the day, I'll be wearing my two suede Luccheses into the ground, and I wouldn't be surprised if I replaced them if that ever happens, but I never wanted to wear my Viberg sidezips out even once. Just because of that damn last.

On the chelsea front, I've got no interest in Viberg chelseas because RM Williams exists for almost identical reasons.

Strong second here. I hope someone from Viberg reads this and realizes how happy it would make a bunch of Internet fashion nerds if they started making their side-zips on a more foot-friendly last.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads