• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah sounds like half down is the safe bet. I only ask because I found a pair that I really like for a really good deal, and it’s a full size down for me.

Yeah this is so random, you really need to try them on, but I'm a full size down from my normal dress shoes in vibergs (1030,1035). YMMV

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Yeah this is so random, you really need to try them on, but I'm a full size down from my normal dress shoes in vibergs (1030,1035). YMMV

Yes, and in some lasts (the 40218 for the slippers) some of us are even another half-size down. I wear an 11.5 C dress shoe, an 11 in the 2030, and a 10 in the 40218. The 40218 is a perfect fit at that size.

Andrew Carkhuff

Reaction score
Do you guys think this can be removed? Or should I just return?

I don’t think the spot could be removed, but if you’re unhappy with it then I’d contact Viberg about getting it exchanged or refunded.

I personally don’t think the spot looks too terrible though and I’d just see if it gets less noticeable after time with some wear, but that’s just me.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
I’m sorry I know this has been covered multiple times, but can someone give me insight on how to size for the 2030 last?

I know most recommend going down a half size from their brannock measurement, but I’ve also read that if your feet are on the narrow side of D then you should go down a full size. Is there anyone on here with normal-to-narrow feet that’s gone down a full size that can confirm?

I think you’re on he right track & have a good sense of what size you should order.

I wear 11.5D in White’s all day. Skinny jeans fit for width & length; read as great. I size up to 12E for steel toe with them for a roomy fit that in no way can damage my toes with that awful steel box. Some of my White’s in 11.5D are built with an open instep to accommodate for a that heightened part of my foot. The width however is like a glove.

My Brannock length is a solid 12.5

I sent back a pair of 12’s in the 2030 last to Viberg because they were too long. I could have dealt with it but I’m not interested in footwear I don’t love. Christian was no questions asked & completely professional in processing a refund.

TL;DR - order 1 size down from your Brannock. 2030 is very close to a D width.

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I strongly recommend 0.5 down if this is your first time, with no free returns and you do not want to pay for return shipping if you size incorrectly. Slightly too big is better than slightly too small.

hoppy_IPA

Reaction score
My return shipping was about $20 USD. No biggie. Especially for $700 boots

Wearing the wrong size boot is something you’ll deal with for years.

My sizing recommendation is also what Division Road (Seattle) and Christian from Viberg suggest.

smartbrother

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Division Road’s sizing advice for the 2030 is to take the same size as the Alden Barrie last. Most people are a half size down on the Barrie last. Source: DR’s website

DR says the fit of 2030 is comparable to Alden Barrie, which isn't the same thing as advising to take the same size.

I think for most people starting off that know their brannock size, going to the source's fit guide seems most appropriate:

https://viberg.com/pages/size-guide

https://viberg.com/pages/last-guide

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to Initiate a return on viberg.com. I sent an email to customer service yesterday but have not received a response. Do you just send the shoes back and place a letter with your order number and account details in the box? Thanks!

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Anyone know how to Initiate a return on viberg.com. I sent an email to customer service yesterday but have not received a response. Do you just send the shoes back and place a letter with your order number and account details in the box? Thanks!

I've had good luck calling Viberg for CS issues.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads