• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aviv

Reaction score

@Aviv I was told by the guys at Notre that a pair of boots in the same size on the 110 is 0.25" shorter than that same size on the 2030. That said, because I had some toe space, I went down from an 8 to a 7.5 and they feel very similar but the 110's feel roomier

Thanks. My understanding is that the 110 is wider overall. Hopefully they won't feel too big on me as these chukkas are one of my Grail boots.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either way, being antagonistic isn't going to help you, especially with a small family run operation like Viberg. If you're dealing with Megacorp, Inc, then sure, that's often the only way to get anywhere.
It won't work for Megacorp. Inc. either. You have to realize that on the other end of the email. phone is a human being. In the case of the family owned company, at least that person has a stake in the company. In the case of Megacorp, the person you are talking to is just working for an hourly wage, and trying to do so with as little hassle as possible.

Here is a formula for getting what you want on the phone:

Tip 1: If you are talking to someone in a small company and/or you are communicating purely by email, the likelihood that this will be your ONLY point of contact is high. So never blow your steam. For a large company, in the case that the person who answers a phonecall is truly antagonistic, say thank you, hang up. And then call again. You'll probably get someone new.

1) Call, and be pleasant
2) Outline your issue, clearly, and factually, without any emphasis, and explain why it is an issue, again, without any emotionally changed language, e.g. "The boots that I received had misspaced eyelets. So when I lace them up, the laces look askew and don't tighten properly."
3) Ask for a specific course of action. e.g. "I would really like for your company to send me a new pair of boots, and for you to send me a prepaid label so that I can send the defective product back.'
4) Specifically point out that this is not the fault of the person on the other end of the line, and reiterate that it is a problem nonetheless, and that you would like a solution ASAP, e.g. "These things happen, and it's not your fault, but something got messed up down the line, and I'd really appreciate if you could help me get this fixed as soon as possible."
5) Make sure that the customer service representative understands that this is an important issue for you, and that fixing them would lead to a happy customer. e.g. "I'd been looking forward to these boots for a long time, and would really like to get them replaced ASAP so that I can wear them
6) If the CS rep is unwilling or unable to help, ask to speak to a someone with decision making power, e.g. "I see, thanks. May I speak with a supervisor or someone else who can make a decision about this?"

This may not work, but pretty much nothing else will get you the desired outcome.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Heard back from Drew today. Gonna send me a prepaid return label tomorrow and I'll most likely swap for some Vintage Mocha boots.

Booyah.

gsgleason

Reaction score
Yep! I was lucky enough to be in town when they got the boots in so I was able to stop in and try mine on and figure out my sizing on-the-spot.

Do a lot of people here size down .5 from 2030 to 110? I've seen some say yes and no. I just ordered a pair of 110 chukkas and I went for my usual size because I have long feet. Is the 110 significantly shorter than the 2030? I just can't imagine losing any length so sizing down seemed like a bad idea to me.

I would not size down unless you have lots of toe room on the 2030. The 110 is basically the 2030's fat sister. Almost the same exact shape, but wider. I find that I have similar fitment issues with 110 as I do with 2030, which is the taper on the toe box pressing against my big toe.

Whirling

Reaction score
I know I have asked about sizing before...but does anybody know the 2030 fits relative to the last used by Truman Boot Co? Longer, shorter, narrower, wider? Thanks!

Cole87

Reaction score
^ I agree. I think it depends on the width of your feet. I have really wide feet and can't size down on 2030 because of width issues even though there's more toe room than I need. With 110, I can size down and cut out a bit of that excess toe room because the width is accommodating. If you have an E width or narrower foot and are using up all the toe room on a 2030 as it is, you probably won't be able to size down on 110. I'm guessing that's why you hear different things from people, some saying to size down and some taking the same size.

Understatesman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See Fok? All you gotta do is Antagonize to get what you want.
wink.gif

Now, where's dat Drew Keith motherfucker at? Lemme at him!

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@linafelt . My boondockers are one of my favorite boots, only from Viberg so far. I am somewhat considering buying a second pair while Viberg is still making them on the 2045 with a stitch down, since they told me they were planning on switching to GYW in the future. You'll love them. and very different from what you've currently got.

Thanks man. Good to hear. Yeah, the stitch down was also a draw for me on the restocks. Definitely looking forward to getting them in a few days, but not allowing myself to get too stoked before I know whether or not they'll fit. I wear a Viberg 9.5 (more or less) but ordered these in 10 hoping to fit my insoles. We'll see..

gsgleason

Reaction score

I know I have asked about sizing before...but does anybody know the 2030 fits relative to the last used by Truman Boot Co?  Longer, shorter, narrower, wider?  Thanks!

I found 2030 in 11.5 to be similar to somewhere between 12 and 12.5 Truman.

Truman's last is somewhat narrow and shallow for a boot last. I'm struggling to find my size.

If you fit into a 2030 with plenty of toe room, a half size larger in Truman should be good, otherwise you might have to go a full size up from 2030.

[edit]
I just realized I answered your question backwards.

If you fit into a Truman in size X, then a Viberg 2030 in size X - .5 would be similar, though a bit wider throughout with a little more volume.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jogo1984