• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skell6009

Reaction score
Interestingly, today I received mine, in black.
I feel they are too small (the toe area in my left foot feels really tight, not just snug!), but I'm wondering if they will break in and get better.
What's your experience in breaking these in?

By the way, while the toe shape is much rounder than the 2030 last, I was surprised as to how much shorter they are at the same size. The 2040 is almost like they took the 2030 and chopped the tip off!
Sounds like they are too small. Exchange for half size up if possible.

Engineer05

Reaction score
Those are outstanding. Rivals any picture I've seen of them worn in like that.

Thanks!

Looks super nice

Thanks!

Interestingly, today I received mine, in black.
I feel they are too small (the toe area in my left foot feels really tight, not just snug!), but I'm wondering if they will break in and get better.
What's your experience in breaking these in?

By the way, while the toe shape is much rounder than the 2030 last, I was surprised as to how much shorter they are at the same size. The 2040 is almost like they took the 2030 and chopped the tip off!

I actually bought mine lightly used, so I don't know how tight they were out of the box. I will say that the leather has become softer and more pliable. I suspect these wouldn't stretch too much because of the lining.

These are a size 9, and my feet are a 9.5D / 9E (L / R) on the brannock. They fit really well with medium weight socks. In terms of length, they're probably a hair long on my shorter (size 9) foot, but it doesn't bother me at all. Compared to my size 8.5 2030s, I'd say the size 9 2040s are about the same length, but with more volume in the toebox. Here's an interesting photo; size 8 110 chukka and size 9 2040.

Last edited:

jlchau

Reaction score
Coffee Chromepak up on Notre, as well as Natural CXL ripple sole and Icy Mocha CXL with the burlap sole.. Looks like they also got the fat waxed flesh 110 that Standard & Strange sent back.

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Coffee Chromepak up on Notre, as well as Natural CXL ripple sole and Icy Mocha CXL with the burlap sole..  Looks like they also got the fat waxed flesh 110 that Standard & Strange sent back.

so much goodness and so little funds

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That 110 waxed flesh on commando is killer...wow....the coffee on on the 2045 is too close to the horsebutt for me to get but if anyone missed the horsebutt I would hop on that 20145...

NYDRH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Folks like the burlap sole?
It strikes me as gimmicky but as long as it functions I would be fine with it. After a few days of street wear, I wont ever look at the sole again. The 2045 is a nice makeup and unique in its own right.

Mr Clemson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys like that 2045 icy mocha? I've never tried a 2045. Should I take the same size as my 2030 if I have medium/slightly narrow feet in width? (I'm pretty much a Brannock 8d spot on.)

Dugafola

Reaction score
not sure I am sold on that......it is unique though, you have to give them that much

would you guys recommend the same size in the 110 last as barrie/trubalance?

i wear the same size in TB vs. 2030 vs. 110. Not a problem. for my foot though, the TB Indy's have a lot more volume in the heel area. length and width are good for me though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads