• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And is the 2030 seriously too slick? Compared to most of my footwear it is already pretty chunky. Guess I'm just confused how such wide shoes end up being slick

That's what I was thinking as well - 2030 being still chunky. They are about as dressy/sleek as my Alden Indy boots (or any Trubalance boot).

I mainly classify my 2030/1035 Vibergs with denim and maybe with some chinos but that's it. They are not boots i'd wear with dress pants basically.

Last edited:

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are very customer friendly in their shipping in my experience. Shouldn't have fees

Excited for Half Japanese been wanting a more casual derby for a while now

And is the 2030 seriously too slick? Compared to most of my footwear it is already pretty chunky. Guess I'm just confused how such wide shoes end up being slick

slick for those who don't play on the CM side

CelliniEVO

Reaction score
That's what I was thinking as well - 2030 being still chunky. They are about as dressy/sleek as my Alden Indy boots (or any Trubalance boot).

I mainly classify my 2030/1035 Vibergs with denim and maybe with some chinos but that's it. They are not boots i'd wear with dress pants basically.

I had boondockers in a size 10 on the 2030 and thought they were really 'pointy' compared to my Indy boots....definitely not sleek dress boots, but in my size they seemed 'duck-billed'. I've seen some cap-toe service boots on the 2030 in smaller sizes that I think look great and in much better proportion imo.

nemononame

Reaction score
I got an email last night at 3 am confirming my half-japanese order from the April GMTO. So something is a...foot.

z8k1n

Reaction score
Atop the Pyramid of the Sun outside Mexico City

Mon Dieu

Reaction score
I am half-Japanese. Does that count?

My fathers mother was Indonesian, now what.....

Also ordered the "Half-Japanese", got the conformation email as I was browsing "Rolling Dub Trio" shoes. Ha......

Thought I read in the thread there were 20 apx. made ???

Enjoy

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah the Japanese work oxford is going to be like the navy blue shell boots... the Vibergs everyone wants after the fact!

brandall10

Reaction score
^

Dunno... the half-Japanese seemed like one of the more desired makeups from the GMTO. But I'll admit an in-the-flesh photo posted had me lust them more than I did initially. I only passed as I'm dubious the 110 will work on my foot as a boot, less so as a shoe. They are cool as fark tho.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads