• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
I got these tan calf service boots in the first sample sale last summer. These pics make them look super orange, but they're really more of a tan/beige. I think they were a one-off that for whatever reason didn't get made, as I couldn't find anything wrong with them. Anyways, I've been really happy with them, as it essentially felt like I got a pair of brand new 'Bergs for $500. The first sample sale felt more like other such one-off samples, whereas the second one felt more like 2nds with defects.

Totally agree. The first sample sale last summer I got my dream boot...Boondockers on the 110 last. I wear them all the time, they are still my absolute faves. There were a few others I could have gotten, but I stuck with just the one pair. The second sample sale had almost nothing in my size and the one or two pairs that they did have had defects. I was super excited for the second sale based on the first sale, but ended up disappointed. There was supposed to be a third sale, but it never happened. 300 pairs of boots is a fair quantity, but not worth the trip without knowing what their offerings will be.

Nice tan calf service boots btw! Great color!!

skeptical jesus

Reaction score
Nice tan calf service boots btw! Great color!!

My favorite thing about those boots isn't even the color, though it is pretty interesting and unique. It's actually that the delicate calfskin got a much sharper taper and more defined shape through the whole boot that makes the 2030 feel downright refined, compared to my cxl 2030s which are much, much chunkier on account of the thicker, less pliable leather.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the date draws closer, if I am able to swing it - recovering from surgery at the moment- I will be happy to proxy.

Raneleigh

Reaction score
My favorite thing about those boots isn't even the color, though it is pretty interesting and unique. It's actually that the delicate calfskin got a much sharper taper and more defined shape through the whole boot that makes the 2030 feel downright refined, compared to my cxl 2030s which are much, much chunkier on account of the thicker, less pliable leather.

That's awesome. They seem very versatile.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
do not despair you 7.5 folks. I will buy up anything that looks good, mull over the goods at home, and sell off whatever doesn't float my boat here at cost. that's assuming the prices are even worth the purchase.

Do you wear 7 in trickers and 7.5 in Viberg?

kingk

Reaction score
Not sure if posted but I emailed viberg to get more info for sample sale here is Guy's response.. Sample sale will include all sizes 6-13 although more selection in 8-9 range. Product all over the place and includes boots from viberg.com stock lists, and trade shows. Hope to see you there
Guy

Capsicum

Reaction score
Not sure if posted but I emailed viberg to get more info for sample sale here is Guy's response.. Sample sale will include all sizes 6-13 although more selection in 8-9 range. Product all over the place and includes boots from viberg.com stock lists, and trade shows. Hope to see you there
Guy

Excited news about sample sale. I can foresee there are some really awesome makeups specially the boots used on trade shows.

unipair guy

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Tricker's 7E (4497)
Viberg 7.5 (2030/1035)
Barrie 7.5E
Trubalance 7.5D

Thank you, we are pretty much the same size. I can do truebalance in a 7 but barrie in 7.5.

Exdeath

Reaction score
Anyone going to the sample sale to look at size 10.5 boots? I'd be really interested in 2030/1035 last service boots in odd materials.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads