• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That bottom pic looks amazing to me.
The cool effects are part of the fun of getting full-grain leather!

Sombrero

Reaction score
Olive country derbies prior to my day-long trek through NYC slush. Just gave em a wipe down and brush and they're right as rain. Planning on thinning my herd and focusing on these. First go with Italian leather, no idea what to expect but feels good to step out of the CXL territory. Color here is relatively accurate, boots are a bit darker in person. Definite olive tones. Couldn't be happier with them.

Last edited:

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My vibergxfreeman after a year. The vibrant sole wore down pretty early, need to get these replaced asap. As you can see the suede is totally hard wearing, meaning even without dubbing these are really easy to upkeep and weather proof. I've walked in giant puddles with these, been through snow no problems.

Last edited:

Diabolical

Reaction score

The first two are Viberg photos, the last one from the Iron Heart forum. The one thing that has really caused me hold back on these is the inconsistent grain. For some it is clearly the bees knees. Personally it isn't quite right - the shiny finish makes me want a smoother grain; the aesthetic gets cheapened somehow by the grainy look. I also don't like how in most photos (including stock shots on viberg.com) different pieces of the upper or toe cap will have totally mismatched grain patterns (again, I know this is desirable for some and I may be nitpicking, but what the **** else is this thread for?) Here is a photo from reddit showing what I mean:

Maybe I would like this on a less "dressy" make-up - hard to say. I think these horsehide boots are great for anyone who wants a super fast patina. I have agonized over it for months but finally decided to get a totally different Viberg to wear with a suit.
These two pics are from my collection. The horsehide has inconsistent grain, at first I was a little turned off by it but it quickly grew on me and now they're my favourite pair. I talked to Guy about it, and he said Guidi leather is really inconsistent in general.

Aviv

Reaction score

These two pics are from my collection. The horsehide has inconsistent grain, at first I was a little turned off by it but it quickly grew on me and now they're my favourite pair. I talked to Guy about it, and he said Guidi leather is really inconsistent in general.

Yea it seems like you either love it or don't. Obviously the inconsistently is the selling point from Viberg's perspective. I have the dust black service boots and I love the leather - but its dark color makes it a different animal for me.

@diabolical any chance some updated pictures of wear on the tan horsehides??

Diabolical

Reaction score
Yea it seems like you either love it or don't. Obviously the inconsistently is the selling point from Viberg's perspective. I have the dust black service boots and I love the leather - but its dark color makes it a different animal for me.

@diabolical any chance some updated pictures of wear on the tan horsehides??
I've had them stored away for the winter, but here's what they look like now.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had them stored away for the winter, but here's what they look like now.

These look awesome. I want something in this color pretty badly. Been watching their site like a hawk for a restock. Instagram said very soon. Not exactly sure what 'very soon' means these days.

Diabolical

Reaction score
These look awesome. I want something in this color pretty badly. Been watching their site like a hawk for a restock. Instagram said very soon. Not exactly sure what 'very soon' means these days.
Soon means today in an hour and a half (noon PST).

Aviv

Reaction score

The tan horsehide looks almost orange, not sure how I feel about that. Maybe it's just my monitor.

I see it in a lot of photos too. They remind me of a pair of Chippewas I owned prior to discovering Viberg (not a good thing). I'm still on the edge here with 50 minutes to go until the restock is live. Can't decide and I'm sure they'll sell out fast. I'll probably crack under the pressure.

Last edited:

knocksteaady

Reaction score

My vibergxfreeman after a year. The vibrant sole wore down pretty early, need to get these replaced asap. As you can see the suede is totally hard wearing, meaning even without dubbing these are really easy to upkeep and weather proof. I've walked in giant puddles with these, been through snow no problems.
how much did you get these for? i heard in the end, freeman put a sale on these and each boot was going for 250 each.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

how much did you get these for? i heard in the end, freeman put a sale on these and each boot was going for 250 each.

Cheaper think the price was $160 out the door. But these were the last pair and they were having their sample sale at the time. One of the best deals I got in a while

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads