• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ScuffedBluchers

Reaction score
Is Naked and Famous Denim stupid? I know this isn't the right board for this question exactly but the thing is I plan on wearing them with Viberg boots all the time and after so much time talking boots with you fools, I really trust your opinions.

I got a really good deal on a pair and they fit me well. But I can still return them.

Seacrest

Reaction score
Is Naked and Famous Denim stupid? I know this isn't the right board for this question exactly but the thing is I plan on wearing them with Viberg boots all the time and after so much time talking boots with you fools, I really trust your opinions.

I got a really good deal on a pair and they fit me well. But I can still return them.

I personally have had a few pairs in the past, and i can't stand the quality of the denim.
I truly think there are much better options out there for a little more cash, but if you want to stay within that price point, then i understand.

Otherwise i think all fits should fit fine over top of your boots.

thebayst

Reaction score
^Yes it is stupid, gimmicky, and not the viberg of the denim world, which is probably what you're after. Trust me that you should get a pair of flat heads... If you'd like you can pm me with any questions and I'd be glad to help out.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
3Sixteen ST-120x, Baldwin Henley, and Railcar Spikes X012 in rotation over here.

knocksteaady

Reaction score
I guess they don't have a lot of big-footed customers. All these smaller shops never carry any sizes bigger than 11....

Also: these are fantastic:
http://shoplostfound.com/collections/viberg/products/gunmetal-chromexcel-service-boot
i actually got the last pair of 7's of that make-up. when i went to the store, i knew i had to have them. the patina on them is amazing and they're almost golden in direct sunlight. a really cool pair. i'm usually for a natural edge midsole but i couldn't pass up on these.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, I am curious, What are the chances of getting a minor groundswell for a SF MTO based on these older style oxfords, which a few people above seemed excited about:

And @LA Guy , do you know if such a make up would be possible? 110 last, structured toe, external heel counter, half sole. The leather on these was their old Ice Mocha, which depending on the batch seemed to vary from brown to almost tan to this burgundy-like color. I know they don't offer it anymore, so we'd have to come up with another leather, but something close to this (perhaps a calfskin or latigo) would be great.

Anyone?

jp2k1

Reaction score
Received a request at r/goodyearwelt for some top down images of my recently acquired 2040 Service Boot. Figured I'd share the images here as well.

Alden x Leather Soul brown CXL Ultimate Jumper boot, Trubalance last

Alden x JCrew color 8 shell perforated cap toe boot, Barrie last

C&J Islay boot, 365 last

OSB Natural CXL Trench boot, Elston last

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads