• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

vettemike

Reaction score
For those of you who have bought custom ordered Viberg boots, how did you go about it? Do all of you live near the factory, or did you do it through the mail? I'm just cursious, because no one from Viberg has responded to my emails.

Are there many leather options? A variety of lasts?

Thanks

e0d9n0b5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The third pair are kind of similar to the four horsemen service boots, no?

el duderino

Reaction score

For those of you who have bought custom ordered Viberg boots, how did you go about it? Do all of you live near the factory, or did you do it through the mail? I'm just cursious, because no one from Viberg has responded to my emails.
Are there many leather options? A variety of lasts?
Thanks

You really need to contact Brett ([email protected]) if you are looking into boots that are shown on the wordpress blog and not their regular website. While you should get an answer from someone at Viberg, he is the one who is familiar with all the custom versions. Your best bet is to find a boot on his blog page with the details you are looking for then ask him what options are available

He's usually busy w/ tradeshows, so asking a million questions probably isn't the best thing to do. I've found him to be very responsive and helpful.

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Viberg will be happy to ignore your email and not sell you a pair of outrageously priced boots. There are tradeshows to attend!

Brattman

Reaction score

You really need to contact Brett ([email protected]) if you are looking into boots that are shown on the wordpress blog and not their regular website. While you should get an answer from someone at Viberg, he is the one who is familiar with all the custom versions. Your best bet is to find a boot on his blog page with the details you are looking for then ask him what options are available
He's usually busy w/ tradeshows, so asking a million questions probably isn't the best thing to do. I've found him to be very responsive and helpful.

I can second this testament to Brett's responsiveness. When I bought my 4 Horsemen Saddle Oxfords, I asked him a couple questions via email about care and protection and he got back to me right away.

vettemike

Reaction score
Does Viberg do fittings at the trade shows? Does anybody know where the trade shows are scheduled for 2012?
I have never worn their boots so I have no idea what size to order. Can anyone compare the fit of your Viberg boots to another brand like Alden or Wolverine?

Brattman

Reaction score

Does Viberg do fittings at the trade shows? Does anybody know where the trade shows are scheduled for 2012?
I have never worn their boots so I have no idea what size to order. Can anyone compare the fit of your Viberg boots to another brand like Alden or Wolverine?

I'm by no means an expert, but I think Viberg sizing depends on the last used to make the boot. I know that with the 2030 last, I take a 9.5, which is the same size I take in Wolverine 1000 Mile boots.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone know where I can find a retailer with Hiker 66 boots in stock (besides Leffot)? waiting the 10-12 weeks for a custom order would take me out of winter...

jezreal777

Reaction score
If you inquire at viberg's given email add it could take them sometime for them to get back to you, they replied to me after 2 or 3 weeks. What i did was i emailed Brett and he was very responsive and kind enough to help me with my questions even though he was occupied with work. He told me to message Wendy, [email protected], who was indeed very helpful and responsive. I got the specs of my boots from compiling pictures and taking notes of the leather, toe shape or last, sole options from viberg blog, http://vibergboot.wordpress.com. I suggest you go through the blog and find the pair of boots you want and from there send Wendy a message with the picture or link of that boots and she will give you the specification of the leather, toe shape, sole, edge trim, thread color and eyelet color used in that particular boots. The base price of the 1950 service boots is 580 and can go up to 700. It takes about 12 to 14 weeks make up time. It does cost much more than whites or wescos but If your paying for top notch quality then there's no complain.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads