• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mypants

Reaction score
Looking to pick up some slippers and got spooked by the horror stories about the 2010 fit. I searched the thread and this was the last post I saw discussing the change. Now that the 2030 versions have been out for a while, do people feel these are a better fit all around than the 2010s? Size down half from 2030 boot size for no socks?

Hey @Samir - I got ping’d on this and had to think about this a bit to remember (this is an old post!), but yes - I still have these and really like them.

I wear a lot of Viberg boots, and the standard width 2030‘s fit me best of all. Always 10.5, or 1 down from US runners. The slippers in 2030 are the same. I never wear mine without thin socks, but I would be able to size a half down if I did want to go barefoot all the time. For occasional barefoot use, my regular 10.5 would be fine too. The shape and design allows for some leeway.

hope that help!

puddin

Reaction score
New WF makeup. Missed my size :(
Might have been a glitch. Looks like all sizes are in stock.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone have experience resoling the sshoes with these excessively high stitchdowns? from .com or elsewhere?
I had Wyatt and Dad do mine. Superb work, think it was $70 extra for hand-stitching
I personally love the higher density from a visual standpoint. I’ve even had a coworker comment on it before. I don’t know how I’ll ever find someone to resolve them in Australia though.

Lucky I have so many boots now I doubt I’ll ever need a resole.
Kieran the Cobbler I believe can do this work for you.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
20240129_091441.jpg

Miloh shop had some of the best SMUs

Areni-1

Reaction score
I had Wyatt and Dad do mine. Superb work, think it was $70 extra for hand-stitching

Sounds good. I’ll let you know when that day comes.

And I see you do toe plates as well. I how much do you charge for those roughly?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh nice. I’ll check them out when I need a 758 SPI boot resoled 👍

What was the turn around time?

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Looking to pick up some slippers and got spooked by the horror stories about the 2010 fit. I searched the thread and this was the last post I saw discussing the change. Now that the 2030 versions have been out for a while, do people feel these are a better fit all around than the 2010s? Size down half from 2030 boot size for no socks?
I’m a tight fit on the 2030s in 10uk. I just got the 9.5s on 2030s in the slippers. They are super tight on me - if the leather on the slippers was hard these would be a hard no and I’d recommend sticking to your typical 2030 size, but these are kangaroo leather (super soft, almost stretchy) so I am optimistic they will stretch out in a way that’s custom fit for slippers.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michael13