• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coolhand0302

Reaction score
Boot-Shoe in reverse Tobacco chamois from S&S…

IMG_8519.jpeg

Turns31

Reaction score
Highly opinionated question - do you fellas find Viberg CXL service boots "worth it" in the long run? I've shied away from CXL on quality footwear (think the last pair I had was a limited run of Chippewas) but I've got a hankering.

Welcoming of all thoughts and opinions from those with more experience than myself.
CXL is the best boot leather.

Attachments

• IMG_0064.jpeg
    IMG_0064.jpeg
    335.5 KB · Views: 127

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Highly opinionated question - do you fellas find Viberg CXL service boots "worth it" in the long run? I've shied away from CXL on quality footwear (think the last pair I had was a limited run of Chippewas) but I've got a hankering.

Welcoming of all thoughts and opinions from those with more experience than myself.
It all comes down to taste for last shape, sole options etc., but I really like the reverse natural cxl boondocker on 2030. Definitely something that viberg does well.

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find a solution for sneaker resoles?
Sneakers are simple enough to do yourself (imho as I already do my own half soles).

Viberg uses the Vibram Strighton 2148 cupsole which retail approx $35-40 a pair. They’re cemented on and sewn on the side with waxed linen thread.

gte872h

Reaction score
Grabbed a pair of the N-1 boots in marine field roughout!

View attachment 2113845
How are you liking the sole so far? I just bought the Japanese boondockers in the same last and everything but in smooth leather. I’m really liking my pair. I did hear that the soles will soften up after some more wear.

BTW, the right shoe is labeled as 10.5 and the left shoe is labeled as 11. At first I thought that they were just the same size but the more I wear them I’m realizing that Viberg gave me an incorrectly sized left shoe. Kinda sucks because they weren’t cheap.
IMG_1831.jpeg

IMG_1832.jpeg

Mr_Spud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How are you liking the sole so far? I just bought the Japanese boondockers in the same last and everything but in smooth leather. I’m really liking my pair. I did hear that the soles will soften up after some more wear.

BTW, the right shoe is labeled as 10.5 and the left shoe is labeled as 11. At first I thought that they were just the same size but the more I wear them I’m realizing that Viberg gave me an incorrectly sized left shoe. Kinda sucks because they weren’t cheap.
View attachment 2113863
View attachment 2113861
I have to say it seems to me that Viberg is consistently terrible with this kind of customer service....

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1000005788.jpg

If no one has said so here already, Viberg lost almost all of their CS/Shipping staff recently. They're training new staff now and are way behind.

sawych00

Reaction score

View attachment 2113863
View attachment 2113861
Oh hey, I’m your mismatched size boot friend. I ordered size 11 got 11 right boot and 10.5 left. 😒

Attachments

• IMG_6907.jpeg
    IMG_6907.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 114

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to know the full story...
People left, they were a small crew to begin with and it had a bit of a cascading effect.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads