• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone happen to have a width comparison on 2030 last between D/ e/ ee? Tried to search in this thread with a few different keywords and didnt find anything. thank you in advance!
Its not worth doing because the D and EE 2030s have been inconsistent run to run. I would caution against the Ds especially without trying on the specific pair you're buying first.

bergbooty

Reaction score
Kudu 2030. Bracing myself for the shell release today. Prices are insane now.
IMG_0940.jpeg

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today’s old bronze shell releases look great, but I am sadly priced out of Viberg shell now
Unless it's an absolute Grail make-up, I too feel the same. Across the board, these shell cordovan boots are climbing to be more of a "need to have" instead of a "nice to have" approach. Which as an enthusiast hurts, because there are many boots that would be nice to have, but very few that I would need to have in my collection.

puddin

Reaction score
I just wonder who's buying this shell that keeps them going at those rates. I've got no qualms spending what they ask on boots, but C&J and Edward Green don't come with the risk of duds like Viberg seems to.

No question viberg shell pricing is tough. I think the days of questionable qa/qc are behind us though. I can’t recall the last time someone posted about an issue.

gte872h

Reaction score
maybe. or we just arent buying them anymore
If I was a fan of shell I would have absolutely jumped on the Rockland Blucher if it was on the 1035?

When was the last time Viberg has released a shoe that wasn’t 2020 or 2030? I have two pairs of derbies on the 1035 and love the fit and feel of them…

ikoiko

Reaction score
Chelsea boot novice here. I’ve worn “The Outsider” about 10 times, they’ve broken in, and I’ve noticed fraying and warping on the elastic edge at the top.

Now, I’m not delicate with these boots, I throw them on pretty fast, no shoe horn, etc. so it may be my fault. Obviously this isn’t a part of the boot that is ever going to be seen out in public, still love them, but given the price and run size, I’m wondering if this is normal before I head over to Viberg to enquire what’s up. (And see if, down the road, they can replace/repair).

Attachments

• IMG_5898.jpeg
    IMG_5898.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_5900.jpeg
    IMG_5900.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_5901.jpeg
    IMG_5901.jpeg
    90.6 KB · Views: 144

Areni-1

Reaction score
Chelsea boot novice here. I’ve worn “The Outsider” about 10 times, they’ve broken in, and I’ve noticed fraying and warping on the elastic edge at the top.

Now, I’m not delicate with these boots, I throw them on pretty fast, no shoe horn, etc. so it may be my fault. Obviously this isn’t a part of the boot that is ever going to be seen out in public, still love them, but given the price and run size, I’m wondering if this is normal before I head over to Viberg to enquire what’s up. (And see if, down the road, they can replace/repair).
That’s not great. How long have you had them? I have a pair of cheap, low quality Australian Chelsea’s that I wore every day for a year that never had this issue. I’d expect better from a Viberg.

ikoiko

Reaction score
That’s not great. How long have you had them? I have a pair of cheap, low quality Australian Chelsea’s that I wore every day for a year that never had this issue. I’d expect better from a Viberg.

The first run only landed at the beginning of the month. I’ve worn them ~10 times to break them in with some short hikes, yard work and tromping around the city in rainy conditions.

Areni-1

Reaction score
The first run only landed at the beginning of the month. I’ve worn them ~10 times to break them in with some short hikes, yard work and tromping around the city in rainy conditions.
Oh, right. You mentioned that in your first post. My bad. I’d just woke up and hadn’t had my coffee or put on glasses.

Yeah, that has to be a defect. Quality goring will still stretch over time, but I’ve seen ten plus year old RM Williams still going strong.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads