• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ajd578

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t help myself. Ordered a 10.5 last night. I’m a sucker for unlined boots and also a sucker for any WW II boots.

It’ll be my first pair on the Dr. Sole raw cord soles. Anyone else have those soles that can tell me how they feel compared to other soles such as leather, Ridgeway, Dainite, etc.?

BTW, I cannot believe how much Shell is costing these days?! You can get more than two pairs of boots for that price!
No one can be faulted for caving on these. However, the sole is the one thing I am not sad to miss out on. Dr. Sole raw cold soles wear like bricks, but heavier and stiffer.

gte872h

Reaction score
No one can be faulted for caving on these. However, the sole is the one thing I am not sad to miss out on. Dr. Sole raw cold soles wear like bricks, but heavier and stiffer.
Well if that’s the case for me as well I’m gonna have to send them in to get resoled to a double leather sole which is my favorite sole by far?

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to have these runs resoled by a usual (non-artisanal) cobbler? Can they stitch into these wholes?
I did… once. It was hand stitched and the cobbler wasn’t thrilled. 😅 it was also 100 more than usual.

The stitch per inch count is almost double that than other stitchdown makers as well as it’s a smaller needle being used.

I’d either learn how to hand resole or only buy what you’re going to comfortable with 😂

caffed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have many pairs of boots with these soles. They will soften up but only after heavy use and it’s not as soft as my gold standard: double leather.

Jmccle2

Reaction score
I couldn’t help myself. Ordered a 10.5 last night. I’m a sucker for unlined boots and also a sucker for any WW II boots.

It’ll be my first pair on the Dr. Sole raw cord soles. Anyone else have those soles that can tell me how they feel compared to other soles such as leather, Ridgeway, Dainite, etc.?

BTW, I cannot believe how much Shell is costing these days?! You can get more than two pairs of boots for that price!
Hard-wearing but they feel heavier than Dainite or ridgeway. Could be just my imagination

winnebago

Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of the Maryam T. Moro leather? Info online is kinda sparse. Would be nice to see some owner pics but I can’t find much.

WeatheredHide

Reaction score
I did… once. It was hand stitched and the cobbler wasn’t thrilled. 😅 it was also 100 more than usual.

The stitch per inch count is almost double that than other stitchdown makers as well as it’s a smaller needle being used.

I’d either learn how to hand resole or only buy what you’re going to comfortable with 😂

I would be happier with a return to a more sane, reasonable SPI. I’m no expert on the matter — so this is just supposition — but I’m inclined to believe that an SPI beyond a certain point might actually be less durable, perhaps more prone to tearing.

Areni-1

Reaction score
Anyone have any pics of the Maryam T. Moro leather? Info online is kinda sparse. Would be nice to see some owner pics but I can’t find much.
Sure.

Can’t be bothered trying to find my old post so I’ll just re-post the same pictures from a few months ago.

Happy to answer any questions about it as well, but keep in mind I’ve only worn my pair 6 times so far.

IMG_6139.jpeg

IMG_6144.jpeg

winnebago

Reaction score
Happy to answer any questions about it as well, but keep in mind I’ve only worn my pair 6 times so far.

Thank you! Beautiful boots. Just one question I guess. How would you describe the colour when viewed in person? I can't quite pin it down from photos. Sometimes it looks almost purpley, or brown, or grey.

Calvin as in CALVIN

Reaction score
Thank you! Beautiful boots. Just one question I guess. How would you describe the colour when viewed in person? I can't quite pin it down from photos. Sometimes it looks almost purpley, or brown, or grey.
I’ll help add to this. It definitely shifts in lighting. Here’s my on foot pair and the color by WF. You’ll get a range of the color 8 purple, brown and “dusty” grey

274BDF36-71F2-4E8B-B606-CF301804954F-640-0000000B94BADD18.jpeg

IMG_0602.jpeg

Last edited:

Jess_mcjess

Reaction score
How do the teacores look and feel in person? Still waiting on mine to get delivered. I hope DHL doesn't play this duty charge game with mine. The ~$1800 price I paid was high enough....
They look great, I knew they would be heavy weight due to the thickness of leather used but they are still a bit denser than I thought they would be and the first walk with them wasn’t bad, but it definitely was not comfortable and they will take some time to wear in. Didn’t capture any pictures yet but will try to get some today. I also didn’t see any imperfections or anything but I also don’t have as critical of an eye. One oddity is the arch seems a bit higher/tighter than all of the other 2030’s I have had previously so not sure if it’s the last having changed a bit in the last year or just the way this leather sits due to the increased thickness.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads