• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

honestpanda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_8014.jpeg

Icy Mocha CXL Scouts came in, old makeup from Superdenim.

BlueSteel

Reaction score
Would sizing up from a 9.5 on a 1035 to a 10 on a 2030 be a bad idea?
If you have a wider foot, there are some who recommend this.

colton2e

Reaction score
Just bought the DR boondockers on the 2055. I have exactly a thumb’s with of room at the front. Very easy to tell since it’s a soft toe.

This seems odd cause I went with a 9.5 which is TTS based on HTT length but a full down from my 10.5 HTB length and it’s snug basically everywhere, especially the instep. Seems to basically curve exactly with my foot and I barely have enough toe room since I have a very blocky square shaped foot with toes that are more or less straight across.

I think this fits great but I’m wondering for those with normal feet, do you end up with basically no room up front? If I went a full size down it would be less than a finger’s width and with the soft toe it would look like a slipper with all my toes poking out of the vamp at the front. Maybe my toes are thick too idk but I can’t imagine going 8.5(full down from HTT) in a soft toe.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would sizing up from a 9.5 on a 1035 to a 10 on a 2030 be a bad idea?
All service boot lasts have the same arch length so sizing down for some isn't really ideal but people do it.

L0wdown

Reaction score
All service boot lasts have the same arch length so sizing down for some isn't really ideal but people do it.
Well I just bought a new pair…let’s see if I’ll have to return them. I’m also sizing up from a wider last (1035) to a tighter (2030) so maybe it will be perfect

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well I just bought a new pair…let’s see if I’ll have to return them. I’m also sizing up from a wider last (1035) to a tighter (2030) so maybe it will be perfect
Unless you ordered a 2030D or EE its going to be the same width. 1035E (since technically a D exists now too), 2030E (standard), 310E (since this used to have a D back in the day), and 2040 are all the same Viberg E standard width.

2030 is almond toed standard fit and not anatomical. 1035 is round toed, shorter than the 2030, not anatomical, and with a wide heel. At the ball they're the same width. The 1035 has a bit more forgiveness in the instep which translates to a bit more volume at the ball compared to older 2030s, but less so than the current 2030.

star656

Reaction score
So much great info here! Been reading a long time.

Here’s my Service Boot, brown CXL unstructured toe. Had them for a couple years now. I really love these but I’m afraid the 2030 doesn’t agree with my feet (or maybe I sized wrong), just a bit narrow and pinches my toes. Might have to try the 1035!

View attachment 2032883
View attachment 2032885

I have wide feet as well and have tried 1035 (E) in 4 different boots (lined, unlined, different styles, 2 sizes), 310 (E) and 2030 (E) as well.

Every resource states that the same size 1035 and 2030 are identical heel to ball and width should be the same for a matching E width. That said, the 2030s worked for me but only for shorter distances. I swear they are narrower and definitely seem 'shorter' in height volume at my 5th (small) toe making them difficult to wear for long days. I thought the 310 was slightly narrow compared to 1035 also but obviously lots of 'height' even at the 5th toe.

I still want to try a 2040 and/or 2055 (super rare especially at my size).

Bottom line: You won't be unhappy with 1035. Some people complain the heel is too loose. For me though, even though the narrower 2030 heel felt snugger (in a good way), I couldn't care less. 1035 works for me even at the end of a 10 mile walk in the heat.

I29alpha

Reaction score
I have wide feet as well and have tried 1035 (E) in 4 different boots (lined, unlined, different styles, 2 sizes), 310 (E) and 2030 (E) as well.

Every resource states that the same size 1035 and 2030 are identical heel to ball and width should be the same for a matching E width. That said, the 2030s worked for me but only for shorter distances. I swear they are narrower and definitely seem 'shorter' in height volume at my 5th (small) toe making them difficult to wear for long days. I thought the 310 was slightly narrow compared to 1035 also but obviously lots of 'height' even at the 5th toe.

I still want to try a 2040 and/or 2055 (super rare especially at my size).

Bottom line: You won't be unhappy with 1035. Some people complain the heel is too loose. For me though, even though the narrower 2030 heel felt snugger (in a good way), I couldn't care less. 1035 works for me even at the end of a 10 mile walk in the heat.
That is super helpful thank you!

Yeah the 2030 was doable for shorter distances/days but I’ve gotta have an all day good to go. I’m gonna try the 1035 out I know it’ll feel hundreds better!

qtip.416

Reaction score
Any Viberg experts can tell me what Shell Cordovan these 2030 Vibergs are? I'm not familiar with Viberg shells. Colour 4? Bourbon? Natural? Thank you.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

viberg.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

qtip.416

Reaction score
My guess is marbled shell color 8
Scuffed color 8, these are from the last sample sale I believe

You guys are awesome. I wouldn't have thought it would be marbled/scuffed colour 8. I was almost convinced they were bourbon after looking at images on instagram. I scooped these up at a great price so I'm looking forward to them. These are my grail boots. Cheers, boys.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads